Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

_Q0Q9924_zps47f19b45.jpg

_Q0Q9925_zpsfe1477bd.jpg

_Q0Q9928_zps907df008.jpg

_Q0Q9926_zps331f2d6a.jpg

The goal is a clean and easy-to-use-setup. I'm using:

• Diago Showman pedalboard
  • MFC-101
  • Roadrunner's excellent MFC extension module
  • Two black stealth Mission Pedals, one EP-1 with spring for various effects and one SP-1 for output 1 volume.
  • Glow-in-the-dark labels from Sukh at Pedalboardlabels.com

I'm going to add an Mission XPB to control output 2 volume, as I don't want another expression pedal - I want to keep it as compact as possible.

My MFC is set up with banksize 0, and I use my bottom 5 switches on the MFC as scene indicators. I arrange the scenes for each preset (normally only 1 preset per song - the X/Y-feature is genius!) chronologically, so I use only the bottom switch on the extension module to switch through the scenes. (In other words, I never have to go back and forth between the scenes during a song, so for instance scene 3 and 6 might have exactly the same settings). I seldom use IA's to switch effects on/off, since I always use scenes. So they are there mostly as on/off-indicators. I am considering replacing 3 of my least used effects with Scene 6-8, to get a full indication on the MFC of which scene I am currently on.

I'm quite happy with this setup, my only complaint is that it weighs half an elephant :) Oh - and I had to replace the feet on the Diago, as they were made of hard plastic with the tip of the screws sticking out and making marks on the floor - not good for bedroom guitarist :) Got heavy duty rubber feet on it now so it stays put without collateral damage.

This is my MFC setup, still in development. I think I'll get a Boss fv500 pedal for volume, since the two exp pedals I use have very different sweeps, eventhough they are the same model and brand. I'll also add two mini exp pedals to control output volume 2, and reverb mix. That way with a single knob I can up my onstage level, and control reverb mix, at the tip of my toes.

The pedalboard is the warwick, I took the guts out, installed two led strips with on/off switch, powered by two 9v batts in parallel (double the lifespan). I also had to cut off one of the sides for the pedals to fit better.
It also has an fx loop, which I use to link my Roland Gr20 next to the mfc, and from there I go to the Axe.

I made the labels myself, hand drawn and painted. I like how they look quite a lot. But I will still order some labels soon.

null_zps54b0ca8c.jpg

Just a question, why are there two cables connected to the left exp pedal? Both my exp pedals only use one...

Thanks!
Hi, its a Switch inside The Pedal for classic on/off function on a Wahwah as Example..
It is a Mission Pedal SP-1 with Switch and LED for Status

Last edited:
thats my way of mfc :)

second mission and softstep are for ableton and for gigs where i need to fly. the board is too heavy and actualy an overkill.

Last edited:
Reactions: LVC
Excellent labels! I expect Sascha will give you one of his "Nice Setups".... ;)

What's a "Slicer". I think I want one.

Was there any reason you got McMillan Softstep rather than the 12 Step? I'm struggling with Ableton.... There are various very much lighter expression pedals - the Roland EV-5 being the one I use. I actually use three, each one different so there's no danger of getting confused.
[URL=http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/HugoMack/media/DSC_0002_zps34e0a904.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg585/HugoMack/DSC_0002_zps34e0a904.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

You'll see I'm also not quite there on the labels...

BTW, having the extension box above the MFC, its sits on a wooden platform over the top protecting the vulnerable USB output from the MFC, which as you can see goes into a more robust unit velcroed to the Pedal Train as earlier described.

I dont know much about 12 step but i think softstep has some more functions on buttons (pressure, rotary, up down, side ways sensitivity) which makes it better for ableton...

Slicer is the emulation of boss slicer fx, i do it with volume block.

Labels take took long and i change my setup still...that was my solution:)

Excellent labels! I expect Sascha will give you one of his "Nice Setups".... ;)

What's a "Slicer". I think I want one.

Was there any reason you got McMillan Softstep rather than the 12 Step? I'm struggling with Ableton.... There are various very much lighter expression pedals - the Roland EV-5 being the one I use. I actually use three, each one different so there's no danger of getting confused.

You'll see I'm also not quite there on the labels...

BTW, having the extension box above the MFC, its sits on a wooden platform over the top protecting the vulnerable USB output from the MFC, which as you can see goes into a more robust unit velcroed to the Pedal Train as earlier described.

IMG_2682_zps2e92485c.jpg

MFC, 2 x Mission Pedals - the green one is spring loaded and mostly used as a wah. The red one is the standard SP-1.

On the bottom row, there's 2 x dual switches from This1smyne (E2 Boss RC-Series Aux switch | T1M EFFECTS) and two small expression pedals, also from This1smyne (Mini Expression Pedal | T1M EFFECTS), and a clock.

I've setup the left mini expression pedal connected to a volume block at the end of my chains so this is the master volume for everything. The right mini expression pedal dials in "wetness" for effects such as flanger, phaser/vibe and chorus.

The left dual switch pair is setup for +-1dB volume change, that instantly saves when pressed, so perfect for adjusting relative volumes in a band context.

The right dual switch are both setup as a boost. The right button toggles the boost on and off (configured as external switch 5). The left is a momentary boost, so it is only engaged when pressed down (sort of like a auto engaging wah). As soon as I step off, the boost is gone. Perfect for short fills between verse lines and similar.

Most of the cables (the right angled ones) are also made by This1smyne (http://this1smyne.com/shop/right-angle-trs-stereo-cables/).

This is all fitted on a Pedaltrain 2. I'm pretty sure this is the most I'll be able to fit on a PT2 :)

Last edited:
Showman,

Do you gig out with your setup? I also have Diago Showman pedalboard and it is coming apart after 6 months of giging. I have replace the handle but the case is starting to come apart as the seems. I have the same setup as you except 3 Mission pedals. Maybe it's too much weight for the Diago case.

Cheers, Mike

Back
Top Bottom