Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

just starting out so nothing special... will build a custom board next.. and looking to add a couple mission pedals..

would like to get one for volume and one for expression .. which ones do you guys recommend ?

thanks,

jD20160617_171252 (Medium).jpg 20160617_171337 (Medium).jpg

just starting out so nothing special... will build a custom board next.. and looking to add a couple mission pedals..

would like to get one for volume and one for expression .. which ones do you guys recommend ?

thanks,

jDView attachment 33298 View attachment 33299
Awesome rig!!!

For volume, I use a mission SP-1 with an LED because you can assign effects to one or both outputs. For expression, I use an EP-1 with a spring- mostly because I was so used to using a Bad Horsie Wah. Both are great pedals. I also have a VM-1, which is a simple analog pedal, which works fine if you use a volume globally through all your presets and scenes.

Best,
Cujo

Cujoren, thanks ! im waiting for my triaxis to come back from mesa then i am going to try that with either a mesa 2-90 or 2-50 power amp.. i have the dunlop rack wah and that has its own pedal... aside from volume, what other fractal effect works good with an expression pedal ?

jD

Cujoren, thanks ! im waiting for my triaxis to come back from mesa then i am going to try that with either a mesa 2-90 or 2-50 power amp.. i have the dunlop rack wah and that has its own pedal... aside from volume, what other fractal effect works good with an expression pedal ?

jD
I use both Wah and Whammy with spring loaded EP-1 pedals... I use wah quite often since I discovered the Bad Horsie II and later the Crybaby 95Q, which both use optically switched auto-engage. The spring loaded expression pedal combines nicely with the auto engage feature of the Axe Fx.

Many people use pedals for bringing in various amounts of reverb and/or delay, for "morphing" between sounds, controlling rate of rotary, chorus, phaser, etc... There are many things you can do!

jD
Hey!!

I agree with UNIX-guy. You can use an expression pedal for just about any modifier you can imagine- from bring up gain for leads, boosting, bring up your mix of delays/reverbs/tremolos for different parts of the song- you name it, you can modify it with a pedal. Like UNIX guy, I like the spring loaded mission pedal for wah and whammy.
My advice is that when you go for a particular sound (whether it's adjusting a whammy just right or using an envelope filter for examples) refer to the forum because there are fold on here who know EXACTLY how to get a particular sound.

Hey!!

I agree with UNIX-guy. You can use an expression pedal for just about any modifier you can imagine- from bring up gain for leads, boosting, bring up your mix of delays/reverbs/tremolos for different parts of the song- you name it, you can modify it with a pedal. Like UNIX guy, I like the spring loaded mission pedal for wah and whammy.
My advice is that when you go for a particular sound (whether it's adjusting a whammy just right or using an envelope filter for examples) refer to the forum because there are fold on here who know EXACTLY how to get a particular sound.
Sorry for the typos.
I meant "BRINGING UP" mixes and "FOLKS", not fold.

I greatly prefer Ernie Ball vp jr pedals for everything. My feet are just used to them! There are so many modifiable parameters within the AxefxII it's unbelievable. I've never played an ultra but I'm assuming you can control tons of parameters...
So that Mesa and Ultra together probably give you plenty of MeatnPotatoes to play with! Looks like a hearty and powerful setup.

New labelling method. Just using some glow tape and sharpie now. Good, long glow time and low luminescence -- just enough to see it on stage without it being really distracting.

Ditto here - I'm selling my Mission pedals if anyone wants them, I do prefer the Boss, and one day will get the Fractal ones _ they are great as well....
After running with the EV-1 and my AX8 for the first half of the summer I'm finding the throw on my Mission pedals to be too short. I'm getting rid of the black Mission on my MFC-101 board. It's getting replaced by a 2-switch box for IA wild card assignments. And I'm going to add two potentiometers in a box to the top of the board for twiddle-the-knobs type control of things like delay feedback.

The white Mission is spring loaded and still works fine for wha and whammy work. For now. I could see me shifting the MFC slightly left on the board and putting an EV-1 there in its place at some point in the future.

My current setup is the MFC-101, 2 EV-1 controllers and a Mission controller. I built a 2-switch box (below the Mission controller) for tap tempo, and wildcard assignment. The left EV-1 is my volume control, and the right EV-1 is for blend / mix control for various effects / signal path management. I use the Mission as a wah, and also to control things like rotary speed, whammy, and other "short throw" effects where I want a Crybaby feel. The EV-1 controllers are amazing. And big.

Attachments

• IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 104
+1 for wildcard switches. They're eminently useful, and they make it easier to remember how you set up a preset.
Yes! I've found the wildcard approach lets me set up patches for rapid switching onstage. Between that, and scenes, I can manage my entire show from less than half the buttons on my MFC.

Yes! I've found the wildcard approach lets me set up patches for rapid switching onstage. Between that, and scenes, I can manage my entire show from less than half the buttons on my MFC.
[hijack]

On my FC-200 foot controller, which I've used for 15 years and can't do scenes, I've got two wildcard switches that I've labeled SAUCE1 and SAUCE2. They are my scenes.

[/hijack]

[hijack]

On my FC-200 foot controller, which I've used for 15 years and can't do scenes, I've got two wildcard switches that I've labeled SAUCE1 and SAUCE2. They are my scenes.

[/hijack]
Ha! My EV-1 controllers are labeled "STURM" and "DRANG". Other than my tech, I don't think anyone has ever found that funny. Or even noticed. Sometimes we just gotta entertain ourselves.

I greatly prefer Ernie Ball vp jr pedals for everything. My feet are just used to them! There are so many modifiable parameters within the AxefxII it's unbelievable. I've never played an ultra but I'm assuming you can control tons of parameters...
So that Mesa and Ultra together probably give you plenty of MeatnPotatoes to play with! Looks like a hearty and powerful setup.

Agreed, the EB VPjr.'s are great expression pedals. You can pick them up for like $25 or so with a scratch pot, spend about $10 in parts buying a proper taper 100k pot, and you've got a fantastic exp pedal. When I mod mind I also spray paint them black. Look great.

Nice compact size and great range of travel. I actually preferred mine over the Fractal EV-1, which was just too big

I do however love my Mission EP1 with spring option for wah and other effects though, great at what it does

Sometimes the "best" pedal isn't even a pedal though. I have a couple of momentary switches set up as well, where I adjust the how long it goes to adjust the parameter from the off value to the on value. As an example, rotary speed, where it can slowly ramp up with each tap.

Likewise, wah, where instead of sweeping back and forth, I can go from one end to the other of the range with just a tap, which is pretty cool for some funk stuff, and much easier to tap my foot than to sweep the pedal back and forth.

Agreed, the EB VPjr.'s are great expression pedals. You can pick them up for like $25 or so with a scratch pot, spend about $10 in parts buying a proper taper 100k pot, and you've got a fantastic exp pedal. When I mod mind I also spray paint them black. Look great.

Nice compact size and great range of travel. I actually preferred mine over the Fractal EV-1, which was just too big

I do however love my Mission EP1 with spring option for wah and other effects though, great at what it does

Sometimes the "best" pedal isn't even a pedal though. I have a couple of momentary switches set up as well, where I adjust the how long it goes to adjust the parameter from the off value to the on value. As an example, rotary speed, where it can slowly ramp up with each tap.

Likewise, wah, where instead of sweeping back and forth, I can go from one end to the other of the range with just a tap, which is pretty cool for some funk stuff, and much easier to tap my foot than to sweep the pedal back and forth.
Cool idea!

Back
Top Bottom