Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

I finally got around to removing the rubber feet from my MFC-101 and BOSS pedals as well as adding some industrial strength velcro. I hope that I never have to take it apart. :)

DSCF7958.JPG

DSCF7968.JPG

Nearly finished - new rack light, laptop drawer , new pedal board flight case, new volume pedal looking great, just waiting for 2x fbt12 mas

where can I get a pedal board case like that one. It looks perfect for what I have. thanks

Last version:
MFC%20MK3--.jpeg

MFC%20MK3-.jpeg

MFC%20MK3.jpeg

XL.JPG

Booster is Drive1, Drive2 is Drive1 X/Y, Multi-delay is Delay1 X/Y, Wild is PEQ1, X-Y is amp1 X/Y

Pedal Train 2, with custom no trespassing yellow tape.

Here is my actual Setup with some "Blackys" on the Edge of the MFC, soon more on our Website Stomplabel ....
Foto%2020.09.13%2017%2049%2026.jpg

I like it at the Moment a little bit dezent :)
cheers Sascha

Hey Sascha - great looking board (and I will be ordering my labels in the next few weeks).
Im concerned about getting all my gear on a Pedaltrain - whats the board you are using there? It fits everything perfectly!

Y'know... you may want to look at some keyboard travel cases. They come in a variety of sizes, all narrow and long, so you can pick what comes close to your needs pretty easily.

Here is my actual Setup with some "Blackys" on the Edge of the MFC, soon more on our Website Stomplabel ....
Foto%2020.09.13%2017%2049%2026.jpg

I like it at the Moment a little bit dezent :)
cheers Sascha

Hey Sascha, I have this exact configuration, but am having a hard time getting the Mission pedals to stick using Velcro. It looks like you're using some kind of a fastener to attach the pedals to the board?

Hey Sascha, I have this exact configuration, but am having a hard time getting the Mission pedals to stick using Velcro. It looks like you're using some kind of a fastener to attach the pedals to the board?

The Mission pedals are a bit heavy for Velcro, given the size of their footprint.

What I did was get a piece of 1/4" thick architectural panel, but Lexan or something like it would work as well. Cut it to fit in the case top. Remove the bottom cover screws from the MFC and pedals, use the covers as templates, and drill holes in the panel. Put the devices on the panel, and re-attach them using the fasteners you removed with the feet you no longer need.

Drill some holes in the case top and panel, and run some 1/4-20 x 1/2" bolts through all that. Nothing will go anywhere..

Yes, i have under this case a thin wooden plate(10mm thickness )
at the pedals I have unscrewed the feet, and after that I have parts of my old mountain bike chain screwed under the Mission pedals, than you have little thin holes next to the Missions -some screws - ready to rock ! :)
Hope you understand what i mean?...

ysahuzys.jpg

Nothing secured yet but I think it will stay this way. On the left is volume pedal and volume +/- buttons on the right misson sp1 for wah and dunlop expression for wammy/effect mix and scene up down buttons. I built the board with hard roadcase

I've been asked several times to repost my pictures, which I had deleted, so here are new ones. If you have any questions, PM as I am not checking this thread again.

Here is the basic look:

72202B91-2B85-4BB7-A569-85C726B35C6F_zpsyezahitv.jpg

3B7C5A12-BE1A-4674-9B65-312AC8A84FC3_zpsct9stlhc.jpg

Of course what I always get asked about is the doghouse:

0C6AE073-6D19-4C99-84EF-C65E89169DDF_zpszdkjalew.jpg

And my wiring, as you can see, I steal power from the Midi Out to power my SP-2 via a 7 pin midi cable:

27943715-6E28-4907-8CAF-4BE58012EF94_zpsglchevc1.jpg

43ED5A1F-6629-494D-BA04-39490E1671A8_zpszbofadqa.jpg

The wire is two wires combined. I cut Boss power cable and 7 pin midi cable, soldered the wires as needed and covered in heat shrink tubing:

45d4a134-4041-4b11-a413-43cd21a5a365_zpse4a1c69b.jpg

And I prevent any possibility of Ethernet port damage by having the doghouse and the wire tied in a knot by the clip shown with blue arrow:

5219A44D-B9D3-4069-9EA2-5692AFE27C97_zpsbcw3q0fh.jpg

Pedals up close:

1A9F91AA-486E-4391-B8FD-1B1836223BFF_zpsasadakxm.jpg

BA2B2A34-2E42-4FFF-9060-610744FAEF25_zps9e4nbfbq.jpg

As you can see Mission sent me a L6 pedal by mistake, which they tell people can't be modified to work with the Fractal, but that's bullshit, I'll show how in a different thread.

DDD44C88-3373-465B-96F9-F151C489F0DF_zpsslupcntd.jpg

17561808-05DF-4DAC-9DB9-2809D98A3C36_zpsnx7ipzhz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My new simplified version

IMG_3928_zpse08b3f69.jpg

IMG_3937_zps1e364a25.jpg

I’ve used the modification as outlined here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...g-best-midi-controller-world-even-better.html to change the preset selectors to the 3rd row instead of the 1st row. The 1st row is now selecting Scene 1-5, I have some IA’s on row 2 (these are likely to change now when the IA’s on row 3 are hidden in the reveal menu but I’ve just completed this today).

• The Green Mission EP1 is spring loaded and used almost exclusively for Wah (or Whammy once in a while).
  • The Red Mission EP1 is not spring loaded and used mostly for Delay mix.
  • The dual switch at the top (E2 Boss RC-Series Aux switch | T1M EFFECTS) is used for Vol Incr and Vol Decr.
  • The single switch in front of the red EP1 ([MT] Mini Tap Tempo Switch | T1M EFFECTS) is used as a momentary switch that will usually give a slight drive increase and a volume boost (my talent booster :))
  • The dial in the lower left corner ([ME] Mini Expression Pedal | T1M EFFECTS) is my master volume, attached to a volume block after the cab block in all my presets.
  • All TRS cables are made by Dan at This1smyne: Right Angle TRS (stereo) Cables | T1M EFFECTS.
  • Everything is fitted on a Pedaltrain-2. It may look like there’s an overhang in the picture but the MFC is placed at the right edge of the PT2. If I could be bothered I probably should switch the output jacks on the Ep-1’s to the right side so that the cable doesn’t go on the outside of the PT2, but I’ve never had an issue so it’s not a priority.

Last edited:
Nice to finally see a setup, that isn't "just" MFC and 1-4 random expression pedals (no offence, I just described my own setup;))!!
How is the axe fx reacting with the Bit commander? Du you have it straight into the axefx, or is it connected via the effext loop?

I'm curious too. I want to add a Soundblox2 Multiwave Distortion to the AF2. The Foldover distortion sold me.

Reactions: dB
Back
Top Bottom