Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Wow, that looks really sweet!. I like how you have the scenes on the side too, I never thought about doing it like that.

Yeah - I try to limit the number of scenes in any preset to 4 - and then just need the 4 switches - really good for some of the U2 stuff I play.

I did the Neutrik connector trick with my Mk1 MFC when it was my gigging unit.

MFC Pedalboard 2.0!! I got a sweet Black Friday deal on a Diago Showman Pedal case this year, and I have finally added my 3rd Expression pedal. The Mission is still doing the Wah stuff, the far right Expression pedal is infront of everything volume, and the middle controls specific peramiters like depth and mix of the tremelo and mix & feedback of my delay 2 setting.

With all the expression pedal inputs, I was finding it hard to connect the RJ45 Ethernet cable plus if anyone tripped over the cable at a show, I was worried it might damage the jack on the MFC, so I added a Neutrik connector and used a 1 foot CAT5 cable to move the jack to the back corner. Much easier now. The Ernie Ball expressions are connected using a HOSA right angle insert cable and I just cut the ends off and used pancake style ends at the exact length I needed. It was tough to fit 3 standard right angle TRS plugs that close together, this seems to be a little neater and more orginized.

This looks awesome! I'm getting my Diago Showman for Christmas actually. May I ask, how did you attach the MFC to the board? The feet give the MFC a lot of height so the velcro doesn't reach. I'd love to see how you sorted that out. :)

May I ask, how did you attach the MFC to the board? The feet give the MFC a lot of height so the velcro doesn't reach. I'd love to see how you sorted that out. :)

I assume he removed the feet and applied Velcro to the chassis underside. Beautiful pedalboards, those Diagos :)

Yes, Removed the feet and two long strips of velcro along the left and right sides. Be sure to place it right the first time, because it is hard as hell to pull it back off!!!

The diago case is pretty snug when closing, you will see perfect imprints of the display and on/off lights of the top row. I am planning on getting a second pair of lift on hinges and putting them closer to the middle of the board. This way it will reinforce it and not put so much pressure on just the two latches. I gig quite a bit, so I want to make sure everything is secure. I have heard a lot of concert about the handle. I may look at replacing that with a real heavy duty one if I don't think it will hold up.

The diago case is pretty snug when closing, you will see perfect imprints of the display and on/off lights of the top row.

Ooh, good to know. I was considering one of these for the Ax8 with pedals, but I think the Ax8 is a bit taller than the MFC. Suppose I'll get to build a custom, then ;)

The diago case is pretty snug when closing, you will see perfect imprints of the display and on/off lights of the top row. I am planning on getting a second pair of lift on hinges and putting them closer to the middle of the board. This way it will reinforce it and not put so much pressure on just the two latches. I gig quite a bit, so I want to make sure everything is secure. I have heard a lot of concert about the handle. I may look at replacing that with a real heavy duty one if I don't think it will hold up.

Yeah - good idea. Also be aware of sub standard glue holding the backing material to the board - a few of us have had it coming away from the unit - I removed mine and reglued it using proper glue.........but that's when I noticed latches were starting to wear and and that the handle was starting to crack.......my unit is about 2 years old or so and has maybe done 30 gigs. I don't think it's quite up the the weight of the MFC And three expression pedals........so I am on the lookout for a replacement.

Last edited:
Thanks man! I actually haven't figured out what I'm going to use the switches for just yet. They are wire to the external switch jacks on the MFC. Here's the guy's email that made me the doghouse:
jremmett@verizon.net
0edb7789103573d98ba471e5c91a1b55.jpg
3dbbb3a533b14810481f4812a987b656.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there lights above the switches? Do they reflect the on/off state?

Hey all, might be out of subject here, but i cant seem to post a new thread since i just signed up to the forum!

I've been searching all over for a simple answer to this!

Is there a way one can connect an external pedal like a Boss, chorus or flanger etc... to the MFC-101 Mark III and have it placed and controlled within the chain?
Bummer so far!

anyone?

Last edited:
Hey all, might be out of subject here, but i cant seem to post a new thread since i just signed up to the forum!

I've been searching all over for a simple answer to this!

Is there a way one can connect an external pedal like a Boss, chorus or flanger etc... to the MFC-101 Mark III and have it placed and controlled within the chain?
Bummer so far!

anyone?

Hey MarioA!
The MFC101 doesn't actually have any audio signal that passes through it, it is just a controller for the axefx, so there isn't a way of hooking up a boss pedal to it directly. But, on the bright side, you can program a boss chorus or flanger and assign it to one of the switches! I ended up selling all my Boss pedals because of this.......

Back
Top Bottom