Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

IMG_6745.jpg

EVH 5150 III S
jpXI-7
FX8 MK I

Just recently purchased the FX8 and replaced my ancient GT-100. Never lookin' back! I'm runnin':

Positive Grid Bias Rack
Line 6 G90 Wireless
Fractal FX8 Mark II
Mesa 4x12
Guitar pictured: Edwards E-HR-145NT/QM

Pedal board in the first photo and the rest of my rig in the second photo. :)

19221583_10212195366812797_1373967881777147953_o.jpg 19250625_10212221574787980_2118981869326318168_o.jpg

Last edited:
Now, you are about to see/read (probably) the most complicated FX8 board. :fearscream: I use this set-up at home for recording purposes only but I have to try hard to take photos (really). I will present the scheme and you'll understand why. :tonguewink:

Guitar>Pre IN FX8 (4 cable method)> FX8 Pre OUT into MAXON OD808>ANALOGMAN KOTV4>WAMPLER TUMNUS>FULLTONE OCDV4>FRIEDMAN BE-OD>JAM RATTLER>ETHOS OD (now, things get really complicated!)>CABSIM OUT and POWER AMP OUT of Ethos>MORLEY AB SWITCH (to choose between cabsim and no cabsim out of Ethos) into FX8 IN (Post)>Out(post) of FX8> Atomic Amplifire(to use its IR loading capability(I use the Ownhammer Bundle) or bypassing all to use AA3 on its own)>stereo out into Yamaha MGX10U mixer(with an Eventide Space in the mixer's loop)>USB recording from the mixer/Focal monitors and Maudio HDH 50 headphones.

Done!!! I will try to add photos if I can.
:sunglasses:

Greetings from Brazil!!! Here is my new pedalboard, 100% DIY.

Gear:

Pedalboard:

Fractal Audio FX8 MKII
Mission Engineering EP1 (red)
Mission Engineering EP1 (black) spring loaded
Shure Wireless GLXD16
ISP Decimator G String
All cables by Mogami (w2524)
All connectors by Neutrik (golden ones)

Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC50 Head
Harley Benton G212 Loaded with Celestion V30 speakers

Guitars:

Jackson King V Demmelition Signature
Epiphone Les Paul Custom MKII Signature

This pedalboard is built like a tank and it is heavier than a tank! LOL
It has some free space that will be filled probably with Digitech Drop Tune and EHX POG before FX8 input

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Please tell me what you thought about it. Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings from Brazil!!! Here is my new pedalboard, 100% DIY.

Gear:

Pedalboard:

Fractal Audio FX8 MKII
Mission Engineering EP1 (red)
Mission Engineering EP1 (black) spring loaded
Shure Wireless GLXD16
ISP Decimator G String
All cables by Mogami (w2524)
All connectors by Neutrik (golden ones)

Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC50 Head
Harley Benton G212 Loaded with Celestion V30 speakers

Guitars:

Jackson King V Demmelition Signature
Epiphone Les Paul Custom MKII Signature

This pedalboard is built like a tank and it is heavier than a tank! LOL
It has some free space that will be filled probably with Digitech Drop Tune and EHX POG before FX8 input

View attachment 40727 View attachment 40728 View attachment 40729 View attachment 40730 View attachment 40731

Please tell me what you thought about it. Thanks

That pedalboard looks great !!! Very well done !!! Very cool !! Cheers !!

Here is my new FX-8 rig. Custom built by XTS here in Nashville. They do really great work. Matched with a Pelican case for transport.

View attachment 39938 View attachment 39939 View attachment 39940 View attachment 39941

@King Tone I'd like to ask you a few questions about this build as I'm considering XTS. How are the FX8 and EV-1s attached to the board? Velcro, or did they use screws? Just curious...both work fine. Did you hand them your gear and they built it all then handed everything back, or did they build the board and you wired it up yourself? And tell me everything you can about that patch bay. That looks damned interesting. Was that a one-off that they built?

This is my current board! Love it to bits. At home it goes out to my Vox AC4C1-BL at church it goes out stereo to output 1.) Vox AC15VR and output 2.) AMT V1 > Peavey Studio Pro Transtube (old SS Amp)

Note: Vader gives a great sustain and the Stormtroopers gives the nice tone!!!

View attachment 39349 View attachment 39350
Hey there Your pedalboard set up is exactly what I’m looking to do! I’m about to receive my fx8 in a few days I’ll have that an expression pedal, my line 6 g50 relay base and possibly a drop pedal Did you wire everything up yourself? Any tips? Thanks mike

Hey there Your pedalboard set up is exactly what I’m looking to do! I’m about to receive my fx8 in a few days I’ll have that an expression pedal, my line 6 g50 relay base and possibly a drop pedal Did you wire everything up yourself? Any tips? Thanks mike
Yeah i did! It was very easy. I actually do not have this setup anymore. I sold the fx8 and bought the ax8 so i can go direct to the mixer. Tips, keep it simple and i used humbuster cables (i made myself- very easy to do) when i went direct to amp.

Here’s a mock up of how I’ll be running my rig Waiting for a custom ata fligh case board from maple rock pedalboards. simple clean and efficient!

Attachments

• F109D844-CB40-41D8-B935-C1E49C05E1BF.jpeg
    F109D844-CB40-41D8-B935-C1E49C05E1BF.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom