Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

Isn't the MONO stuff all soft bag style? My stuff gets thrown in a trailer with a pile of other roadcases. It definitely needs to be a hard case for my needs. The MONO bag would be destroyed in weeks along with everything inside.

The mono stuff is a soft style bag but pretty durable and tough. If you throw stuff in your trailer then its probably best to go with a road case. Pedaltrain still do the ATA style cases but you'd need to remove foam and put some thinner stuff in so it closes. Unless the new ones have been adjusted for that. i guess we will find out as they've just started to ship.

I Use a mono bag with me for almost 2 years. But for local gears or the ones I made going with my car, not travelling by plane.

You should try the Volume pedal in the effects loop. Send from the amp to the Ernie ball Volume pedal and the out of the Volume to the Fractal.

That way, when you turn down volume you don't turn down any trailing Reverb or Delays.

Works great for me. I have a 25k Ernie Ball volume.

This way also your guitar is not being effected by the Volume pedal. You can also play at low volumes and still have a nice tone.

Just an idea!!!!!!

31114b24df29a5168cadda0be43440f4.jpg

Tonight's country/rockabilly rig.

Stock Asat special from 2002
Vintage 1964 fender deluxe
And FX8!

Ps the compressor sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should try the Volume pedal in the effects loop. Send from the amp to the Ernie ball Volume pedal and the out of the Volume to the Fractal.

That way, when you turn down volume you don't turn down any trailing Reverb or Delays.

Works great for me. I have a 25k Ernie Ball volume.

This way also your guitar is not being effected by the Volume pedal. You can also play at low volumes and still have a nice tone.

Just an idea!!!!!!

Vary good idea, but I have to ask why if wasn’t better to use an expression pedal -> MIDI-box –> FX8?

All of you current FX8 owners are dead to me. Freaken jerks with your fancy toys that I don't have. Been waiting so god da**ed long!

FX8+Mission SP1+ LYT Pedalboard = the best 23lb grab and go board I've owned. This thing just sounds and feels unbelievable. I've run it in front of a Boogie MKIII and an Evil Robot both sounded amazing.

Edit: If you are interested in a set of custom scene labels PM me ;)

What's the bottom like, in terms of attaching to a board? Recessed screw head and easily removable feet for easy velcro attachment (he asked, optimistically)?

What's the bottom like, in terms of attaching to a board? Recessed screw head and easily removable feet for easy velcro attachment (he asked, optimistically)?

Six rubber feet attached with screws, you must put the front 3 back in but I put all of them back. Three pieces of 1X4" velcro and it is secured to the board.

Unlimited CPU!

IMG_1538.jpg

Well, nearly. I thought I'd replace my entire pedalboard and start playing my Marshall amp again; threw all the pedals in a box and hooked up my new FX8. Lo and behold, I still had no interest in playing with anything but the Axe, so I stuck the FX8 into a switcher (Effects Gizmo) loop, and my CPU troubles are history. High quality reverb? Stereo ultrares cabs? Fremen presets? ;) No problem with this setup.

View attachment 26356

Well, nearly. I thought I'd replace my entire pedalboard and start playing my Marshall amp again; threw all the pedals in a box and hooked up my new FX8. Lo and behold, I still had no interest in playing with anything but the Axe, so I stuck the FX8 into a switcher (Effects Gizmo) loop, and my CPU troubles are history. High quality reverb? Stereo ultrares cabs? Fremen presets? ;) No problem with this setup.

That's a whole lotta Fractal right there :)

Back
Top Bottom