Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

BTW, this rig KILLED last night. I had ordered FAS Humbuster cables with the FX8 and hooked it all up to test a few hours before the gig and it was dead quiet and there was no tone suckage at all. I always ran an EP Booster and some sort of other overdrive (usually a Klone) with that amp before. So I setup two drives on the FX8 as well. The first one was Tape Boost and the second was the 808 Mod. It was pretty damn close to what I was used to. The nice thing of course is that you get X/Y so I also had an Octave fuzz and the Zen overdrive. I know I've said it before but the C9 with the FX8 Rotary is stupid good.

Thanks for the info. The EP and KTR are my 2 main pedals into my Mark 5:25. Happy to hear the FX8 can get really close. Sucks that I am going to be out of town when my FX8 arrive next week. I won't get to play with it until next Saturday.

955d04c6882e1fc036f86f54dcd3b5ed.jpg

Just need to build a snake and pedalboard. Probably going to do Mogami 2931 snake and a Temple Duo 34... Or Trio 28. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the octave distortion is good but the octave on the pitch block I think it is different from the AxeFX...
I tried the same parameters in the fx8 as I use in my patch on axefx8...
Something is missing there on the fx8 :miserable:

The octave distortion sounded really good in the mix. I did make the mistake of not making it loud enough though - I could have used a few more dBs. I'm pretty sure the FX8 is modeling an Octavia which is a bit harsh IMO compared to something like the Fulltone Ultimate Octave or a Foxx Tone Machine.

IOW, you should have no trouble copping a good tone for Blue on Black with the FX8

Thanks for the input, hippietim. By the way, nice setup.

Pedaltrain Classic Pro purchased today, will get the FX8 mounted on it when it turns up this week. I'm adding a couple of pedals to the board with a pedal power 2 mounted underneath the pedaltrain I can then plug the FX8 into the courtesy jack to power it and the odd couple pedals i have. Just waiting on my EV-1's to turn up from the guys at G66. Will get them in a couple of weeks. I'll post some pics ASAP.

Anyone else got their boards up and running yet?

getting there. some remnants of the old board still hanging around wondering nervously about the remainder of their useful life...

Looking good, I managed to mount mine on a PT Pro last night. I'm a little disappointed I have to wait for my EV-1's to turn up in a couple of weeks it's a shame Fractal won't ship directly to me over here in the UK. I could use my Dunlop DVP 3 for the time being though. How are the EV-1's by the way?

FX8Pic.jpgLast night myself and a good friend got well into my new FX8 and all I can say is Fractal very well done. Unlike every other FX unit I have ever come in contact with had tons of unusable sounds the FX8 was just a open menu. We had my 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb (yes a real 1965)(we also hooked the FX* in the three and four wiring configuration and IMHO for me going in the front door like we did back in the predawn 60's was spot on. I cannot speak for new musicians who want to push the envelop, but the sound we remembered from back in the day was there from the jump) and a new Bad Cat 30. None of the internal sounds were cheesy and all the FX were studio quality. Something many times overlooked was the Compressor. We were amazed how musical the comp was and how it added to the overall pallet of sounds. Another thing we really liked was the FX in series or parallel. The parallel was so nice because the FX8 let the verb11390305_922070971182329_1255180997824321075_n.jpg to trail off and the delay to remain dry, so the definition was spectacular. A huge note is that the F8 can be used on almost any instrument because it is a pure FX system. I had it on my new Korg Kronos 2 88 note monster workstation and it was amazing. I also own a Kemper but that will stay in the studio simply because the Fractal FX8 is so convenient. When I go to Europe for the Summer R&B series the Fractal FX8 will go with me in a backpack along with a small powered speaker and a nano synth gust to prove to the pinheads at security I am not carrying a bomb or anything dangerous. This was by far the best and most effective investment I have made in my time as a musician. I just wish the FX8 had a head phone jack. Thank you Fractal!

Looking good, I managed to mount mine on a PT Pro last night. I'm a little disappointed I have to wait for my EV-1's to turn up in a couple of weeks it's a shame Fractal won't ship directly to me over here in the UK. I could use my Dunlop DVP 3 for the time being though. How are the EV-1's by the way?

Thanks man. I like the EV-1, it took very little time to adjust to its throw vs. the spring-loaded Morley I've used for eons. Solid pedals.

Thanks man. I like the EV-1, it took very little time to adjust to its throw vs. the spring-loaded Morley I've used for eons. Solid pedals.

That's good to hear, they look really good still waiting on mine sadly it will be a week tomorrow so only another week to go hopefully. I did ask the guys at Fractal if they would sell me 2 direct to the UK. They only ship to north america sadly so i have to wait. Trying the FX8 out at rehearsal next week for the first time as well I'm excited to see how it sounds with a full band.

Hey guys, here's my rough pic of my pedalboard with the FX8 on. It's a Pedaltrain Classic Pro in case anyone wants to know. I'm waiting on a couple of EV-1's to come in so they will be added at a later date. Love the new TC Blacklight tuner so I had to put it on there. I had an MXR Phase 90 EVH on my board as well as I wanted to A/B between it and the FX8. I ended up taking the phase 90 off as the FX8 sounded so good and nearly identical to the pedal.

Enjoy!

Why are you replacing the Dunlops with EV1's?

They don't belong to me I've borrowed them from a friend for the time being. I do plan on possibly having one Dunlop to use it tuner out function and the I can have the EV1's for wah and whammy and everything else lol

BTW, this rig KILLED last night. I had ordered FAS Humbuster cables with the FX8 and hooked it all up to test a few hours before the gig and it was dead quiet and there was no tone suckage at all. I always ran an EP Booster and some sort of other overdrive (usually a Klone) with that amp before. So I setup two drives on the FX8 as well. The first one was Tape Boost and the second was the 808 Mod. It was pretty damn close to what I was used to. The nice thing of course is that you get X/Y so I also had an Octave fuzz and the Zen overdrive. I know I've said it before but the C9 with the FX8 Rotary is stupid good.

I see that you are routing the C9 through the input of the FX8. I have a B9 and, like you said, it sounds really good with the FX8 rotary block. I tried running the B9 through the effects loop but for some reason I hear no organ effect. Have you experienced this? Thanks for the input.

I see that you are routing the C9 through the input of the FX8. I have a B9 and, like you said, it sounds really good with the FX8 rotary block. I tried running the B9 through the effects loop but for some reason I hear no organ effect. Have you experienced this? Thanks for the input.

The one time that happened to me I had connected to the wrong output on the C9 :)

Noob here...just got my FX8 last week. I ripped all but one of my analog pedals off the board and started the learning curve with a gig the next day! Happy to report that it went well. I couldn't go with out my security blanket (Tim OD) but otherwise it was all Fractal.
board.jpgampnguitars.jpg

just got the fx8 this week. running stereo into 3rd Power stereo 2x12 cab. 3rd Power Dream Weaver head sets the pre amp tone for the rig...plexi type tones on one channel of the head and clean "fender" on the other channel...Fryette 2:50:2 serves well for the 2nd stereo channel. it is an absolute perfect fit with the Dream Weaver head for the second stereo channel. the flexibility and tone is killer. I run the yamaha dxr12's for backing tracks and sit in front of the 2x12 for a really nice stereo effect. the fx8 effects are fantastic. in a good place for now!

img_0787-jpg.28198

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom