Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

Thanks dude. I really try to have a very clean look pedalboard

I'm wiring up my new fx8 and the 1/4" jacks are a little close for angle connectors (especially for pedal and relay cables). I'm probably going to do what you did. Thanks for sharing the photo.

I'm wiring up my new fx8 and the 1/4" jacks are a little close for angle connectors (especially for pedal and relay cables). I'm probably going to do what you did. Thanks for sharing the photo.
i've got right angle cables in all ports, i just run the top cables around the others. i'll take some pics to,or row when i'm back home

Hey guys...here's mine...couldn't be happier. Perfect! :)

T9PqeH.jpg
T9PqeH.jpg
This looks sweet. Can someone explain the signal path? As much as I love my FX8, i have yet to get comfortable with the drives. I'd really like to use FX8 for everything but overdrive/fuzz sounds.

This looks sweet. Can someone explain the signal path? As much as I love my FX8, i have yet to get comfortable with the drives. I'd really like to use FX8 for everything but overdrive/fuzz sounds.
When I used my drive pedals with the FX8 my signal chain was - Guitar>Pedal(s)>FX8 IN 1 (PRE)> FX8 OUT 1 (PRE)>Front of Amp.

Thanks! That's basically what I have to do, but my trailer trash board is solid, so I need to drill some holes like Alezuniga so my angle connectors can face down.
Or make them face upward. Then you can dress the cables however you want.

Or make them face upward. Then you can dress the cables however you want.
That might not work very well for the relay and pedal inputs though (the main issue). I'll give it a try. The two over two design is a little limiting. My board is only 12" deep so I can't use straight ones.

Just got a Pedaltrain 2 for my FX8 but not sure how to attach it - I know I can remove the rubber feet but the screws look like they sit up a bit or do they go flush once the feet are off?
Shame they don't line up with the gaps as that would have been handy! :p
You can have one set in the gaps but not both...Sorry for the basic question

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/can-the-rubber-feet-be-removed.100098/

Says the screws should not be put back in just in case they short the board? Where can you get shorter screws or has anyone done it with no issues? Expensive bit of kit to blow up :p

Last edited:
Just got a Pedaltrain 2 for my FX8 but not sure how to attach it - I know I can remove the rubber feet but the screws look like they sit up a bit or do they go flush once the feet are off?
Shame they don't line up with the gaps as that would have been handy! :p
You can have one set in the gaps but not both...Sorry for the basic question

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/can-the-rubber-feet-be-removed.100098/

Says the screws should not be put back in just in case they short the board? Where can you get shorter screws or has anyone done it with no issues? Expensive bit of kit to blow up :p

Take the feet off and put the screws back in then use 3m dual lock velcro to secure it. That's what I did with mine and had no problems at all

Ok, left the top feet in and sat them in a gap on the PT - so only needed to take the bottom ones off and velcro it all down :) All done and the FX8 just fits in the PT2 soft case!

Back
Top Bottom