Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

Here's mine. I kept the board small using 2 Dunlop Volume X Mini's for the expression pedals. This gave me plenty of room for the Shure wireless (which I love, BTW). The whole thing is topped off with a set of reverse Kick Tags from Sukh. I used the numbers to change the bottom row to 1-4 and the top to 5-8, like on the AX8 and FX8 MKII. These correspond to my SCENES. Since I never have more than four SCENES in any given song, I have a set of replacement tiles for 5-8, that will read MOD, PIT, SYN, FLT, so I can have the Y setting for each of those blocks visible at all times.

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

Here's mine. I kept the board small using 2 Dunlop Volume X Mini's for the expression pedals. This gave me plenty of room for the Shure wireless (which I love, BTW). The whole thing is topped off with a set of reverse Kick Tags from Sukh. I used the numbers to change the bottom row to 1-4 and the top to 5-8, like on the AX8 and FX8 MKII. These correspond to my SCENES. Since I never have more than four SCENES in any given song, I have a set of replacement tiles for 5-8, that will read MOD, PIT, SYN, FLT, so I can have the Y setting for each of those blocks visible at all times.

View attachment 33619

I like the look of those Dunlop Volume X Minis. How do they feel?

I like the look of those Dunlop Volume X Minis. How do they feel?

They feel very solid, just like their big brothers. I was using the EV-1 and EP-1 before securing this to the board and, frankly, don't miss either. The stock resistance on the treadle is perfect. You can do slight adjustments without it moving when your foot comes off. If space is an issue, I highly recommend looking into these.

Still work in progress.:)

Waiting for my complete rig incoming and ill post it again.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 54
Stereo%20Rig2_zpsfgoiblxx.jpg
Just added one on the right.
EDIT::: I decided to run each one independent and not through the loop as a slave for #2. I am trying the Cantrell method of "MAD & PISSED". I run the left side ch#2 crunch with KOKO BOOST hitting the front and right side Ch#3 EXTREME pre-eq. I am liking this so far...

Last edited:
the current state of my evolving rig

IMG_1208.jpg IMG_1209.jpg IMG_1210.jpg

2 markV:25s
2 boogie thiele cabs with EVM12Ls
1 Fractal FX8 (mk1)
1 Morningstar MC6
2 Fractal EV1 expression pedals
1 pedal train Novo32 board
1 walrus audio aetos power supply (under the pedaltrain)
1 best-tronics patch panel for all the audio & relays on the fx8
Barefoot buttons for the FX8 & MC6
phosphorescent labels from my Epson label maker

not pictured:
1 Ibanez Japanese custom shop RG7 with DiMarzio Illuminators
1 Ibanez SV Prestiege with DiMarzio Liquifier, CrunchLab, and TrueVelvet PUs.

The loopy is a looper with two loops to which you can connect any analog pedal (or not) to be inserted into the signal chain of FX8.It can be completely bypassed or can put in the chain, as desired, one of the two (or both) pedals inserted in the loop of the loopy. The loopy is controlled via fx8 relays dedicated to switching of the ampli.
and it can be controlled by FX8 relays so the drives on/off state is part of the patch!

Wish I'd had this when I was playing weddings! Got this cabinet (Mojotone "Slammins") for small gigs in tight spaces. Turns out the first gig after I got it put together was a perfect chance to try it. This rig sounded perfect and I was quiet as a mouse.

30051042001_6c984a918a.jpg

Suhr Select Tele, Victory V30 and Hoffnine Custom 1x12 with a V30. Also using the Line 6 G10 wireless.
Not gigged it yet as just got the FX8 and been setting it up - 1st rehearsal will be next week and then a gig in front of 5-700 ppl - or maybe I'll just go back to my pedalboard for that one :p

Back
Top Bottom