Show Us Your FM3 Rig! (Everyone Loves Pictures)

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Since the previous thread got nuked during the great purge of 2020, I figured I’d do the honors.

My placeholder FM3 rig:

8063265C-7707-443F-910C-67A282195168.jpeg
I’ll be using the Matrix FR10 for small gigs and as my backline/monitor when running FOH. I’ve been tossing around the idea of picking up a small pedal board, but with a backpack and a dual gig bag for my guitars, I’ll have a ridiculously lightweight and portable rig.

Did I mention that the EV-2 (and of course the EV-1) is the absolute best expression pedal on the planet? Seriously, this thing feels absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Since the previous thread got nuked during the great purge of 2020, I figured I’d do the honors.

My placeholder FM3 rig:

View attachment 63670

Did I mention that the EV-2 (and of course the EV-1) is the absolute best expression pedal on the planet? Seriously, this thing feels absolutely amazing!

How's the Matrix cab? I'm ordering an FR12P next week can't wait!

How's the Matrix cab? I'm ordering an FR12P next week can't wait!

I love it. I’m currently running an HX Stomp through it to hold me over and it sounds fantastic. To my ears, it sounds very flat. It has a ton of headroom and is ridiculously lightweight, which makes it perfect for gigging. I’ve been experimenting running my bass through it and it surprisingly does really well. 👍🏻

I love it. I’m currently running an HX Stomp through it to hold me over and it sounds fantastic. To my ears, it sounds very flat. It has a ton of headroom and is ridiculously lightweight, which makes it perfect for gigging. I’ve been experimenting running my bass through it and it surprisingly does really well. 👍🏻

Good to know thanks for the reply. I'm using a Headrush FRFR108 at the moment but I miss my guitar cab behind me at rehearsals lol.

Temple Audio Boards are awesome! Very neat looking I think. I have a 34" with my FC12, EV-1, Mission and EV-2 on and a 24" for the FM3 and Seymour Duncan PT170. I did post a pic of them both on another thread I didn't want to post the same thing again but I will if you guys wanna see them.

Last edited:

The 1x12 is like 30 pounds. I wouldn't consider that ridiculously lightweight. :)

I will fire up my FM 3 on stage with a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 which sounded perfectly with the AX 8 and a new dutch handmade Kool 2x12 dumble style cab with UK made celestion creambacks (G12M65-Creamback and G12H75-Creamback).

When everything is setted up I will post real photos of it 😉

I will not put the FM 3 on floorboard but leave it in the background and connect two two button footswitches and put them on stage.
Really simple as I do not need complex switching or layouts.
Just good amp model, boost function and drive pedal model engaged by the external footswitches and some spring reverb block and I am happy 😊

Attachments

• xosn212_front_sc.jpg
    xosn212_front_sc.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 14
  • xosn212_rear_sc.jpg
    xosn212_rear_sc.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0017_WEB.jpg
    IMG_0017_WEB.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 17
I will fire up my FM 3 on stage with a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 which sounded perfectly with the AX 8 and a new dutch handmade Kool 2x12 dumble style cab with UK made celestion creambacks (G12M65-Creamback and G12H75-Creamback).

The Powerstage has been getting a lot of attention these days. Does it drive your 2x12 pretty well?

I can tell that next weeks wednesday when I have tried it out at rehearsal🙂 I will try it with my pedalboard and my Ramble FX Marvel Drive 3 in purple which is my marshall in a Box pedal until I get my FM 3 😀

But the Powerstage 170 drove my Red Bluesbreaker style 1x12 cab with Celestion creamback very well 😎

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1508595030362.jpg
    FB_IMG_1508595030362.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 24
I know how douchey my post will be but hear me first. After weeks of side hustling and saving as much as I can, I was able to save up the money to get the fm3. I'm about 75dlls away. For those that have seen my post, my wife and I have been grinding hard to pay off our debt. This was a curve ball which took everything in me to give in and pull the trigger.

Thankfully my wife is amazing and has been very supportive. The fm3 will replace this stack of bills which was a journey within itself to obtain.

Cheers
Eddi20200214_143937.jpg

My FM3 will easily fit somewhere in here when not in the the control room or humbustered into my Katana located in the office for when I need to jam and can’t get into the studio...

Attachments

• ABD09866-C7EB-40CD-A375-F123067F49F0.jpeg
    ABD09866-C7EB-40CD-A375-F123067F49F0.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 146
  • BC4ACFBC-82A9-4A2E-ADC4-AC8A13AC6562.jpeg
    BC4ACFBC-82A9-4A2E-ADC4-AC8A13AC6562.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 144
Back
Top Bottom