Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Would love to know what kinds of presets you run with the acoustic. Do you use acoustic IRs? Looper?
I was planning to make a runthrough video of this preset, before we started this run of Christmas parties, but I never found the time. I hope to do it during the Christmas holidays.

I have made my own stereo IR based on a stereo ribbon mic, and then the tube pre amp block, the optocomp, and a reverb are always on. Then I have setup pedals with multidelay, delay, a boost, and a PEQ with a lo-cut. There is also a PEQ to handle some feedback issues. But that's it really. It sounds amazing.

I suck at playing with a looper, so no looper for me 😁

I was planning to make a runthrough video of this preset, before we started this run of Christmas parties, but I never found the time. I hope to do it during the Christmas holidays.

I have made my own stereo IR based on a stereo ribbon mic, and then the tube pre amp block, the optocomp, and a reverb are always on. Then I have setup pedals with multidelay, delay, a boost, and a PEQ with a lo-cut. There is also a PEQ to handle some feedback issues. But that's it really. It sounds amazing.

I suck at playing with a looper, so no looper for me 😁
Yea....annnnd....if you could share presets and IRs with that post, too? :D

Here is mine. Not light. But still lighter than my marshall head. On board we have the Ax8, EV1, polytuner, Synth9. BUT the jewel....housed under the pedals is my Seymour Duncan Powerstage 700 amp. Takes me literally 1 minute to set up at a gig.

Attachments

• 20191209_203511.jpg
    20191209_203511.jpg
    954.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20191209_203356.jpg
    20191209_203356.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 146
  • 20191209_203442.jpg
    20191209_203442.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 150
Hello!!! I'm a new AX8 user and I'm trying to build my board. Which cables do you use for your EP (is it an SP1)? What do you think about the response of that EP for the use?
These are ordinary stereo cables by the brand "Sommer cables". SP-1 is great - I´m using it for years and it never let me down!

Hi LeonC…..for FOH, you could run it from your CLR cab, right?

My AX8 rig is super simple. I chopped down an old home-made board that I stopped using years ago and drilled a few new holes in it. Now it fits perfectly in an old SKB PS-25 padded case. I run OUT 2 mono into an Atomic CLR and OUT 1 (stereo or mono) to FOH.
AX8_RIG.jpg

Hi LeonC…..for FOH, you could run it from your CLR cab, right?

You can run it that way but you also lose the ability to control your stage volume. Any volume adjustment you make to the CLR will effect FOH. Better to use the independent volume control by using--as stated: AX8 Output 2 to CLR and Output 1 to FOH.

I didn't realize the volume adjustment on the CLR affected the "out" XLR? I had thought the "out" was more of a Pass Through. So looking at the XLR outputs on the back of the AX8...use the left one to FOH, and the right one to CLR...correct? I appreciate your guidance on this.

You can run it that way but you also lose the ability to control your stage volume. Any volume adjustment you make to the CLR will effect FOH. Better to use the independent volume control by using--as stated: AX8 Output 2 to CLR and Output 1 to FOH.

I didn't realize the volume adjustment on the CLR affected the "out" XLR? I had thought the "out" was more of a Pass Through. So looking at the XLR outputs on the back of the AX8...use the left one to FOH, and the right one to CLR...correct? I appreciate your guidance on this.

Optimally, the CLR is already tuned to volume sweet spot. To increase/decrease the volume you adjust via Output knob 2 on AX8 (1/4 inch connection, Out 2 FX Send). The FOH volume is via Output 1 knob (Out 1, Main). Or vice-versa depending on your CLR connection choices.

The CLR may have Pass-Through, not sure, but if you adjust the AX8 volume you will change the FOH volume.

The User Manual outlines different options.

Thanks Habuman. What do you have your volume dial set at, prior to making your "on the fly" adjustments with the AX8 Output knob 2? And from reading the manual, it mentions that going from Output 2/FX Send to the CLR, I'd be losing my preset IR. So I'd have to add an FX loop block for every preset I want to use this way now?

Thanks Habuman. What do you have your volume dial set at, prior to making your "on the fly" adjustments with the AX8 Output knob 2? And from reading the manual, it mentions that going from Output 2/FX Send to the CLR, I'd be losing my preset IR. So I'd have to add an FX loop block for every preset I want to use this way now?

Ensure you have the AX8 setup for Echo Out 2 to Echo Output 1. You do not need FX block. You do not lose your IR. What you have setup for Output 1 will translate across to output 2. From Panel - Shift/Lock, Store, I/O, ---page over to Audio Tab---Out 2 (FX Send) Echo - OutPut 1.

Normally my volume on the AX8 is either 10 or 12 o'clock for FOH and around 9 for CLR but that is all dependent on stage size, etc. The volume on my HeadRush is around 10-12.

Oh ok, so basically setting up Output 2 to equal that of Output 1.... that'll send the same signal from both locations without any loss of IRs, effects, etc.
I haven't used the AX8 in a live performance setting yet, so thank you very much for helping me out! Currently I just have the AX8 set up with an XLR from Output 1 into the CLR. I have the AX8 set around 12 o'clock (like you), and had the CLR up to around 9-10 o'clock as well. Is the Headrush that you have a FRFR or a pedalboard? I also own two Headrush 12" frfr cabs, and thought about using those at some point instead of the CLR wedge.

Back
Top Bottom