Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

FullSizeRender_zpsnwt53viq.jpg
Nice

I tore apart my AX8 and decided to scale it down extensively, kneet from this
IMG-9107-zpsskswaelw.jpg

To this
DSC00754.jpg

My intent when getting the AX8 was to have a small portable sound solution and with all the extras on the 1st board it was well beyond that, so Picked up a Temple Duo 24 (Love those boards) and now i have the small portable unit i intended. And i have my AxeII and soon to be Axe III for all the craziness.
Any major differences between the Expression pedals? Or did the Fractal just complete the set?

Well...

Yesterday night I saw that tv documentary on how they managed to reach Mars with two rovers in a few months and how it finally was much more successful than expected.

It somehow inspired me. If they could do that, I can do this.

Results:

Here you can see the old case with all the tools I used:

View attachment 49555

Here, the inside:

View attachment 49556

And finally, the dark and cold basement:

View attachment 49557

If you have already stopped laughing, I'll tell you it's a prototype. Next time, I'll use a high quality marker. I really have a lot of ideas for 2.0. I just need some more free used packaging material from my local guitar store.

Best of all, I didn't spend a single cent. Everything was here at home. I just spent some time (457 hours).

I hope you had some fun reading this. I had a lot doing it and I think I still have all my fingers, eyes, etc.
Good job.

Any major differences between the Expression pedals? Or did the Fractal just complete the set?

Partly because it does yes but I had the Dunlop Expression pedals and i find the EV1 just a little bit better feel wise, when I want to use a wha for my III I use the mission pedals the feel more,like a traditional wah, with the Ax8 I’ll just use a real wah like my JP

Hi everybody,

Here is my rig I've been playing with it quite a coupöe of venues already and still happy about.
Usually I am playing with IEM - but wired ones - I am not trusting in wireless so much and neither want 2 bodypacks with me (guitar and IEM).
For this reason I use a 2 pair 5 meter long multicore cable with a 5pin XLR connector going to my bodypack and then splitting into IEM and guitar outputs.
The small console helps me to control my IEM, I receive a monitor signal from the sound-guy going into channel 1. And here is the clue: my guitar is not in my monitor mix, instead I use output 2 to go directly into channel 3 and 4 of the console and to set the mix myself. Out 1 goes straight to FOH. "Tape in" I use for metronom sometimes. I use Out 2 global EQ to adjust the guitar sound to the IEM mix. In case I want to play loud I use DXR10 from the console main out and I can perfectly control volume from the console :) Ah, and not to forget, the USB driven gooseneck led-light, the usb power supply can also be used to charge tablets or cells - very handy :)
The pot is used to control reverb amount. Different venues different reverbs.

Attachments

• 2019-08_My_AX8_Rig_cpr.jpg
    2019-08_My_AX8_Rig_cpr.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 110
I tore apart my AX8 and decided to scale it down extensively, kneet from this
IMG-9107-zpsskswaelw.jpg

To this
DSC00754.jpg

My intent when getting the AX8 was to have a small portable sound solution and with all the extras on the 1st board it was well beyond that, so Picked up a Temple Duo 24 (Love those boards) and now i have the small portable unit i intended. And i have my AxeII and soon to be Axe III for all the craziness.
Nice looking Rig thereIMG_2644.jpg

Back
Top Bottom