Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Hey guys,

Just got my first fractal ax8 after finally being convinced by my other guitar player. I love it! I bought a temple audio duo 34 which I really like despite the 34in width. I also bought the IEC power module. One issue I have is figuring out a way to get the power cable to run through the small holes in the board up to the AX8... I will be running a tuner, maybe one more additional powered pedal and my line 6 G50 so I will need the power to be supplied to those 3 along with my fractal. Obviously I don't want to run any power cables from the bottom of the board. I saw a bunch of screen shots of some guys here who have solved this problem so I am wondering what cables you bought and how you arranged it so you could get the fat end on the top side of the board to plug into the fractal, yet still feed the cable through the wider holes on the board.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Hi mate - congrats on the AX8!

I also use templeboards and love them :). Best way to do the cable thing is to cut the cable, feed it through a hold on the board and then reconnect the cable underneath using a terminal block connector (they cost less than £1 / $1). Quick and easy.

I’m about to rebuild my board (just went from a trio 28 to a duo 34) and will show how I put it all together - including the power cable.

Have fun!
Sukh

Which Temple board is that? Looks like a TRIO 28.

Also, same question I ask all Temple board users... how did you fit the XLR cable connectors through the holes? Looks like you have two XLR cables going through the same hole, so I'm especially interested in how you did this.

Last edited:
Which Temple board is that? Looks like a TRIO 28.

Also, same question I ask all Temple board users... how did you fit the XLR cable connectors through the holes? Looks like you have two XLR cables going through the same hole, so I'm especially interested in how you did this.

It is a Trio 28.

I take the end of the XLR that goes under the board and feed them through from the top. I take the metal end off and pinch the plastic back end with pliers to push them through. I use the end under the board because the back end of the connector gets a little scuffed up from pinching them. I could just unsolder/solder them but that would be too easy. Sweating and cursing to get them through is way more fun. ;)

Finally got my board (mostly) buttoned up. Will be grabbing some shorter IECs, but otherwise, I’m done.
VD4YSOI.jpg

I'm thinking of adding an IEC power module to my board but i cannot find a good metal/plastic/wood box to use as a case.

I'm based on Italy so i'd prefer to see it coming from somwhere within EU.

Suggestions?

The new AX8 guitar rig is coming along nicely; 31 pounds of absolute awesomeness!

I still have to apply the texture on the exposed wood surfaces that are currently primed black. Under the components is a layer of fabric glued and stapled to the wood that acts like velcro loop and I apply velcro hook with pressure sensitive adhesive on the bottom of the components and just place them where I want. There is plenty of rake (just at the edge of being too much for me) so I won't hit more than one button at a time.

TOP VIEW
QGPhZs.jpg

SIDE VIEW
jXfCb8.jpg

NICE FIT IN THE GATOR GKPE-61-TSA CASE
Mph7t2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom