Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Its pretty simple. You need to use 2 of the pedal jacks on the back of the Ax8; these jacks only support one switch each. I use the FS-7 (in non-latching mode) which is nice and compact and great for this application, and it works without power in non latching mode. I have it plugged into pedal jacks 3 and 4. Once connected up, just go to set up and select the I/O menu. Select the CTRL page. Scroll down until you find 'out 1 vol incr' and select pedal 3, (or whichever pedal jack you are using). Scroll down to 'out 1 vol decr' and select pedal 4. Then, and this is important, scroll back up the list to 'external 3', and set it to none, and then do the same with 'external 4'.

That's it really. Be aware though that if you use this feature whilst playing a note / chord, you will hear a drop out. Also, this function automatically saves, so if you are using a scene, and have say switched in a drive pedal, if you then use the vol increment switch, it will save your scene with the drive on.

Very nice. Thank you, @blackmoreguitar!

Nice! Home DIY builds are always cool! Tell me how do you like the angle of the AX8 with it on the board that already has an angle to it? I started out with my build that way and after a while I didn't like it very much so I modded my project to accommodate the Ax8 to a shallower angle. (Page 3 of this thread)

@Sixstring
I angled the board because I mounted my Shure PSM 300 underneath the board. I wanted to be as "all in one" as possible. It's wired that I can go FOH, FRFR, IEM or combination of those. There is a little antenna on the top left of the board for the Shure.

I play rhythm guitar so my presets are pretty straight forward that I wouldn't have to worry about the angle of the board. I may only need a volume boost or a scene 1/2 toggle in a song so I don't need to be pushing a lot of switches when I'm playing.

I've got Sukh's glow labels (which are great). I need to settle on a layout for them.

I've ordered a convertible Xitone cab from Mick. Looking forward to that!

View attachment 39471 View attachment 39472 View attachment 39474 View attachment 39475 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.

On the Gulf Coast we would call that a LONG BOARD!

Hey man, what patches are you finding work well with the JS guitars? I've got a JS1000 which used to be my go-to but I'm finding it's not working all that well with my AX8 rig.

I know it should make much difference but my LPs and Tele seem to have no issue. JS is super bright.

Hey there, sorry for the late reply. I am actually on vacation with no AX8 :( . I have only had it a couple of weeks and tinkered with it at home and found some nice tones. Can't recall and I used it live one evening to try LIVE with just 1 patch. It worked great, but I still have some learning and getting acquainted with it more. I'll get back to you when i got more info.

Hey All,

Long time AxeFXII / MFC user and finally got a AX8 for a backup.

Board has the following:
Templeaudio Trio 28 pedalboard (has mini modules for XLR and 1/4, and Power)
Barefoot Buttons (silver for all)
Mission EP-1 Metal finish (Volume and Wah (spring loaded))
Korg Tuner
Line6 G50 Wireless
Voodoo Pedal Power Plus 2