Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Hi guys,

I've been lurking these grounds for almost 6 years now, I picked up an AX8 from G66 a couple of weeks ago so my "setup" looks like this:

I know they're not ideal but I already have two EB VP Juniors so I'll probably use them. I programmed the switches 1-4 for presets and 5-8 for individual blocks... we'll see how that works out. I'm definitely considering picking up a Voes MC-5jr, having an extra 5 switches would make AX8 ideal for me.
I'll be using it direct to FOH but also in a 4CM with my JVM410HJS, just for the fx. And I'm picking up a Yamaha DXR10 sometime soon... I'll post pics as the setup evolves :)
...and oh, Axe Fx II in the back is ironically, my "home" setup.

Already on the email list! Any idea of a rough price/website launch date?

Thank you! I'm doing my best to get it all ready to open this weekend... will update you via the mailing list as I go. As for pricing, it's roughly the same as it was before (which doesn't help you if you never went to the previous site!) but as it's all 'modular', meaning you can choose as little or as much as you want, the price varies.

More details as soon as I can share them... trying to get the site and bits ready as fast as I can.

Cheers! Sukh

Pedalboard update no. xxx :)

20170614_110229.jpg

My rig from gig, Dad's Day, yesterday in Blackhawk CA. Killer tones and loud as heck!!!

AX8 with FracPad tablet control and DVP4 expression pedals for volume and wah
Quilter Micropro Mach 2 HD 12 inch amp
Heritage H150CMLV
Warmoth Partscaster Tele with Fralin noiseless P90 neck and split blade SHO bridge Tele pickup - inspired by Steve Cropper' s red Tele in the first Blues Brothers movie.
20170618_125802.jpg 20170618_125817.jpg

We played in the early afternoon and were in the central atrium, which is open but essentially inside the plaza and it has AC piped in, so it seemed it was in the mid to upper 80s in there. Not too bad. Over 100 outside. Yikes! Load out was not fun!:sweat:

Anybody have a good power panel like the Temple board for a pedaltrain? Wanting something like I got on my temple board where i plug in my power and there is an on/off switch for everything. From that I "Y" into my AX8 and power supply. Do not want to take up space with a power strip and it looks clean. Would like to downsize to an existing Pedal Train board but I really like the Temple setup.

Here's Johnny!

Hey man, what patches are you finding work well with the JS guitars? I've got a JS1000 which used to be my go-to but I'm finding it's not working all that well with my AX8 rig.

I know it should make much difference but my LPs and Tele seem to have no issue. JS is super bright.

Attachments

• IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 158
Hey man, what patches are you finding work well with the JS guitars? I've got a JS1000 which used to be my go-to but I'm finding it's not working all that well with my AX8 rig.

I know it should make much difference but my LPs and Tele seem to have no issue. JS is super bright.

Hey! Sorry to butt in, but I am also a JS guitar man...

I've found tone harmony with several amps, but my current favourite is one of the FAS ones. Can't recall which one, but it sounds huge, saturated, clear and punchy. Finding the right IR made all the difference...

This was Quantum 6.x... sounds even better now. The tone is in there, trust me!

Hey! Sorry to butt in, but I am also a JS guitar man...

I've found tone harmony with several amps, but my current favourite is one of the FAS ones. Can't recall which one, but it sounds huge, saturated, clear and punchy. Finding the right IR made all the difference...

This was Quantum 6.x... sounds even better now. The tone is in there, trust me!

No need to apologise! Much appreciated, nice playing too.

Yeah I wonder if I need to have a custom bank just for the JS; I do miss playing it. This is my second JS1000 and this one is absolutely pristine, I actually preferred my last one which was a bit beat up but well played in.

I will play around with some FAS amps, and I suppose couldn't hurt to try the JS amp too :)

The boss switch is used for volume increment / decrement, which I find really useful - great for levelling patches.

Could you tell me more about the routing and programming side of making a Boss switch (or other 2-button latching switch) work for volume increment/decrement? I could see many circumstances where this would be useful.

Happy Birthday Canada! I did this back in January. View attachment 40665 View attachment 40666 View attachment 40667
Learned a lot of things building this. Really appreciate the people on the forum. A tremendous source of information.

Nice! Home DIY builds are always cool! Tell me how do you like the angle of the AX8 with it on the board that already has an angle to it? I started out with my build that way and after a while I didn't like it very much so I modded my project to accommodate the Ax8 to a shallower angle. (Page 3 of this thread)

Could you tell me more about the routing and programming side of making a Boss switch (or other 2-button latching switch) work for volume increment/decrement? I could see many circumstances where this would be useful.

Its pretty simple. You need to use 2 of the pedal jacks on the back of the Ax8; these jacks only support one switch each. I use the FS-7 (in non-latching mode) which is nice and compact and great for this application, and it works without power in non latching mode. I have it plugged into pedal jacks 3 and 4. Once connected up, just go to set up and select the I/O menu. Select the CTRL page. Scroll down until you find 'out 1 vol incr' and select pedal 3, (or whichever pedal jack you are using). Scroll down to 'out 1 vol decr' and select pedal 4. Then, and this is important, scroll back up the list to 'external 3', and set it to none, and then do the same with 'external 4'.

That's it really. Be aware though that if you use this feature whilst playing a note / chord, you will hear a drop out. Also, this function automatically saves, so if you are using a scene, and have say switched in a drive pedal, if you then use the vol increment switch, it will save your scene with the drive on.

Back
Top Bottom