Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Thank you! The Voes arrived yesterday. It is configured to select scenes 1 to 5, leaving all the other buttons on the Axe8 free for other stuff. The boss switch is used for volume increment / decrement, which I find really useful - great for levelling patches. Just above the Boss switch is a mini expression which will control boost level for solos.

Yes it does have computer edit capability, but PC only (no Mac). Patrick configured it for scenes 1 to 5 for me and it was plug and play, no messing around at all.

Taking the AX8 out for the first time to a rehearsal today so I threw this 'rig' together with a SKB pedalboard I had - it actually fits everything pretty nicely. I have the two FS-U pedals just in case I want to use them at some point. The Tuner is in case I'm at a gig and have to use the Richie Kotzen Fly Rig which is on it's way as a back up. You'll notice that I don't have anything holding things in place - on the inside cover of the SKB rack, I added some soft foam padding that holds everything in place when the lid is on. We'll see how it works out once I start playing more regularly with it. Might have to velcro down the tuner and the boss pedals.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 154
I switched from an Axe FX XL a few months ago to the AX8. Really happy overall. I split my signal in the AX8 so L goes to my Matrix and the guitar half of my custom XiTone and R goes to the Pitchfork and then to a TC BH250 head and the bass part of the XiTone. The MEL9 is in the loop. The Jamman is just for samples and that goes direct. (the Nose just allows we me go to the next sample in the Jamman without bending over).
oTidUs.jpg

I switched from an Axe FX XL a few months ago to the AX8. Really happy overall. I split my signal in the AX8 so L goes to my Matrix and the guitar half of my custom XiTone and R goes to the Pitchfork and then to a TC BH250 head and the bass part of the XiTone. The MEL9 is in the loop. The Jamman is just for samples and that goes direct. (the Nose just allows we me go to the next sample in the Jamman without bending over).

Love the Pitch Fork - great little pedal.

Thank you! The Voes arrived yesterday. It is configured to select scenes 1 to 5, leaving all the other buttons on the Axe8 free for other stuff. The boss switch is used for volume increment / decrement, which I find really useful - great for levelling patches. Just above the Boss switch is a mini expression which will control boost level for solos.

Hey man, love your setup!
Please describe how you configured the Boss for volume +/- in the AX8.
Are the Voes products available in the USA?
Thanks!

Great board! What are the mini knobs for and where did you get them?
Are you morphing between two sounds on the AX8? How are you doing it?
Looks great.

Thank you! The mini knobs are rotary expression controllers. I have them hooked up to my two delays to control levels ( I use one for clean /rhythm delays and one for lead delays) so I can adjust as required at a venue or as the mood takes me without having to edit patches. I got those from Mission years back, but I don't think they make them any more. I know a company called 'This 1 is mine' make them though - google it and you'll find it.

The morph pedal does different things dependent on the patch. For example, I use it to bring in certain effects (pitch, phaser) on some patches. On other patches, it'll morph between clean and dirty, dirty and lead etc. How it does this is dependent on the patch, but as an example:

From clean to dirty: It increases amp gain, switches between my two delays (mix is controller inversely by the pedal, so when one mix level goes up, the other comes down - I run my delays in parallel), as well as some other bits I can't remember off the top of my head!

Basically, different things happen dependent on the patch, but all controlled by one pedal, so no stomping on stuff while in any given song on stage.

Works great for me!
Sukh

How do you have a phaser and a univibe in the same patch? Aren't they the same block?

Hey mate!

I need to change the text label. It should just be 'Vibe' as it refers to an effect that gives a groovy 'vibe' of some kind for the patch - different depending on the patch. Just didn't have a 'Vibe' label made - will do it when I finalise the board (it's about to get relabelled for upcoming gigs anyway)

Phaser is separate, as for the patches I use phaser in, it's definitely a phaser effect as opposed to a univibe (which would appear in the 'vibe' slot for that patch).

Cheers!
Sukh

Back
Top Bottom