Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Are you in the US? Typically fractal ships with the latest FW unless say a FW dropped the afternoon after the packaged your unit. If you are in EU I am not sure if G66 would open an Ax just to update it if a few dropped and they still had units in stock with the previous FW

I can assure you that they would. Every single unit sold from G66 has been opened, updated and tested before sold.
Some have even been updated twice when firmware dropratio is high :)

Are you in the US? Typically fractal ships with the latest FW unless say a FW dropped the afternoon after the packaged your unit. If you are in EU I am not sure if G66 would open an Ax just to update it if a few dropped and they still had units in stock with the previous FW
Yes I'm in SF Bay Area, didn't mind updating FW but would have thought FAS had better QC

ax8skypogvoldomo.jpeg

hello all :D

Yes I'm in SF Bay Area, didn't mind updating FW but would have thought FAS had better QC
Are you serious?

You are trying to imply that if the unit ships with one FW revision behind that they then have poor QC? Give me a break. That is not a QC issue at all.

Checking for latest updates is user responsibility and part of the initial setup for any product that contains user upgradable software.

Are you serious?

You are trying to imply that if the unit ships with one FW revision behind that they then have poor QC? Give me a break. That is not a QC issue at all.

Checking for latest updates is user responsibility and part of the initial setup for any product that contains user upgradable software.
Yes dbum I'm crazy for expecting that for the price I paid someone couldn't flash the BIOS before sending it out the door...

you can buy a 3k synthesizer and it not come with the latest FW. That is not a QC issue. If It works 100% that QC did their job

Are you serious?

It's still not acceptable. The techs missed this. It's been crazy around here with all the orders but that's no excuse. I'll talk to them tomorrow and make sure they check the firmware rev. prior to shipping.

It's still not acceptable. The techs missed this. It's been crazy around here with all the orders but that's no excuse. I'll talk to them tomorrow and make sure they check the firmware rev. prior to shipping.

Mine came with 6.01, don't berate them too hard. Glad it's been crazy, growth is good.

Thank you for you reply, Im sure it was mass and all not to mention your product is f- amazing ... FYI I use to ship computer equipment it was a cardinal sin not to take the time to insure latest FW was shipped as the scientists the received it were way to busy to deal with it, with that said for me all all I wanted to do was plug it in and play but I was prompted with a upgrade so at that point I was like "Oh really? darn well OK just do it" then it and 20 minutes later was late and now my creativity was gone and so was my day... or evening if you will... Thanks for being so honest!

Chers Dave,

Last edited:
Thank you for you reply, Im sure it was mass and all not to mention your product is f- amazing ... FYI I use to ship computer equipment it was a cardinal sin not to take the time to insure latest FW was shipped as the scientists the received it were way to busy to deal with it, with that said for me all all I wanted to do was plug it in and play but I was prompted with a upgrade so at that point I was like "Oh really? darn well OK just do it" tended it and 320 minutes later I was ready to play but it was late and now my creativity was gone and so was my day... or evening if you will... Thanks for being so honest!

Chers Dave,
I've never been prompted with an upgrade on any of my AxeFx units or the Ax8. Axe-Edit prompts me when it has an update and Fractalbot shows when there is new firmware and it only takes about 7 or 8 minutes to load max. you don't need the latest firmware to dig in. Fractal products have always been good on any firmware. Have fun with your new toy.

Back
Top Bottom