Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Any issue with height with the flat board and AX8? I can't find the internal height of the TrailerTrash website. Really want to go with the ATA case, and keep to the smallest foot print.
Height issue? As far as what?

The AX8 sits about an 1" or more off of the ground due to the fact that I leave it in the bottom 1/2 of the ATA case.

Trailer Trash included a 4" foam piece to use to close the gap on the inside (between the AX8 & the inside of the top case) when the cover is on.......The ATA case cover is larger (aka taller) then it needs to be, but not an issue at all for me in the end........

I hope this helps & answers your question.

Peace & good luck! X

Where did you get the square cable tie?
Hey, like @t0aj15 said they're just little adhesive mounts that you can run zip ties through. I went to Home Depot got a pack of those and some small black zip ties and they worked wonderfully! Only thing to keep in mind (at least for my board) is the adhesive side is white so I had to be careful about placement. Don't want random white spots visible from up top!

Height issue? As far as what?

The AX8 sits about an 1" or more off of the ground due to the fact that I leave it in the bottom 1/2 of the ATA case.

Trailer Trash included a 4" foam piece to use to close the gap on the inside (between the AX8 & the inside of the top case) when the cover is on.......The ATA case cover is larger (aka taller) then it needs to be, but not an issue at all for me in the end........

I hope this helps & answers your question.

Peace & good luck! X

Got it. Needed the inside height to the top. Going to sit my wireless on top of a power supply. Going with a Dunlop mini to accommodate my wireless. Thanks

Hey, like @t0aj15 said they're just little adhesive mounts that you can run zip ties through. I went to Home Depot got a pack of those and some small black zip ties and they worked wonderfully! Only thing to keep in mind (at least for my board) is the adhesive side is white so I had to be careful about placement. Don't want random white spots visible from up top!

Thanks. Have seen them on several boards. Never thought to look at Lowes or Home Depot.

How is the AX8 attached to this?

Hey AX8ers.......I just realized that I never added my set-up & pics here in this killer thread.............So......

I went with the "Flattrash" board (24" x 12") & the ATA case for protection.

My goal was the smallest footprint that could also hold the EV-1 expression pedal too.

This set-up & rig is working VERY WELL for me & here's the link to where I ordered it from too.............

http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/flattrash-boards

Peace! X-Mann

PS - Sound & video clips of the AX8-X rig can be found on the follow "FULL FUN" thread O X! :eek:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-ax8-mann-cometh-pics-video-audio-review.114059/

:cool:

This is how I am using my ax8 now:

I have the ax8, then a vocalist Gtx that I only use for my vocal harmonies and effects, volume pedal and other effect pedal. Digitech trio to practice and some jamming and line 6 g10 for wireless.

I only connect 3 cables for practice or a gig: microphone in and microphone out from the vocalist and left out from the ax8. I connect my guitar to the vocalist in and out of the through and into the ax8. The trio is using the fxloop of the ax8.

So far it is working great!!!

I am using a pedaltrain pro...

And I recently upgraded the crappy soft case for a mono M80 pro... Awesome fit and protection!

+1 on the industrial Velcro. I had to take my AX8 off recently and it took every bit of my 6' 3" 240lbs. frame to pull it off. Damn thing is on there man.
This made me LMFAO because at 6'2" & 232lbs, I had the exact same issue! I almost flew through the wall when I finally separated the AX8 from the board due to this "Special" Velcro! :eek::p

That's a very slick rig.

How do you like the EHX 44 Mag? Pretty flat response? Norm or bright?

Also, what passive cab do you use?

Do you use the power amp models in the AX8, or are they turned off globally?

Back
Top Bottom