Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

That's a nice simple rig. How are you finding the Friedman? A lot of reviews I've read prefer the atomic clr but I'd be interested if you compared them?
Do you need the decimator? Plenty of noise gate options in the ax8 as good as the Dec is.

Hi John,

The Friedman is an awesome sounding FRFR speaker!!! The negatives are the weight factor and the placement of the handle. I've used the Friedman in some live situations and have received many compliments on the tone that it amplifies from the AX8. I play at a church once or twice a month and I perform in some Rock Camp for Dads bands. I go direct at the church so the Friedman stays home. Rock Camp for Dads is when the Friedman comes out to Rock!!! Like I said the tone I get is amazing...Quiet and Clear...Choosing the right Cab IR is the secret to finding your place in the mix when using the Friedman. Needs to be bright, crisp and clear. I downloaded the Lincoln Brewster and ACE's High Presets recently. They are currently my favorites when going direct or when playing through the Friedman!!!

I have not had a chance to compare the Friedman to the Atomic CLR. I would like to make a a personal comparison if I ever get the chance.

I use the Decimator II for a couple of reasons.
1. I would take a loss if I sold it for less than I purchased it for and I refuse to let it collect dust in a corner of my studio.
2. Having it on the board allows me to make a fast adjustment or turn it on and off quickly.
I tested a few noise-gates and this was the best of the bunch.

Show your beautiful AX8 rigs here.

I just finished this one up and tested it on a few gigs over the weekend, its pretty slick if I say so myself. The Line 6 G10 wireless is so amazingly simple, its great. The board is made by Temple Audio Design out of Canada, they have a very well thought out versatile board design thats very light and they have several sizes to fit whatever you want.

Attachments

• IMG_1302.jpg
    IMG_1302.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 294
She's Sexy, built like a tank, and sounds every bit like my AxeFX II... ;-)

96c9b103f65d094214ea46233710106e_zpsfib732kn.jpg
That's a great looking pedalboard... is it custom? Where can I get one like that? Thanks... very nice.

I just finished this one up and tested it on a few gigs over the weekend, its pretty slick if I say so myself. The Line 6 G10 wireless is so amazingly simple, its great. The board is made by Temple Audio Design out of Canada, they have a very well thought out versatile board design thats very light and they have several sizes to fit whatever you want.
I like this one. Makes me want to look into these wireless devices everyone seems to have these days...

Finished now with all connections and external pedals:

Board is bought at Thomann, EUR 149. Comes with hardcase with handle and wheels.
Bought the combination pack with powerplant, for EUR 16 extra.

See details: http://www.thomann.de/nl/harley_benton_pb1000.htm

Measures: 60 x 40 x 11 cm
The case itself is somewhat bigger (62,5 x 41 cm). Good because my pedals and AX8 hangover 1 cm on both sides.

Weight of the board: 4.6 kg

View attachment 33533 View attachment 33534 View attachment 33535

That looks great Carl

Duo 24?

Back
Top Bottom