Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Also ... how many of those little attachment plates did you stick to the back of the AX8 ? Does it feel like it will slip at all (IE is the glue to the AX8 solid enough)?

Used 1 large and 1 medium. Solid - very strong attachment. Zero movement.

Used 1 large and 1 medium. Solid - very strong attachment. Zero movement.
awesome. I am very tempted but will wait until I am sure of how many expression pedals I will have ad what other gizmos will be included. I love the format though.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Here are a couple of pics from a Mothers Day - Wine Fest gig I played. I'm very happy with the AX8. It performed great. I'm still not happy with the Boss foot switch on the left, which I use as a volume switch. I want to find something smaller, that lights up when it's on. Everything except the Boss FS is screwed directly to to board. At the gig, I plug in the power cord, an XLR to the board, and my Guitar cable. That's it! I play my Taylor T5 for acoustic and electric guitars. A Warwick semi-hollow body bass, and a Fender Mando-caster. I have presets for each instrument. All I do is kill the signal via the EB volume pedal on the right, then unplug and plug in the necessary instrument. Then I select the appropriate preset. It couldn't be easier. The sound guys loved my rig. They said it sounded good, and they loved how quick I set up and tore down. It took more time to put my guitars away, than close up my pedalboard.

Last edited:
image.jpeg This is before I get everything wired. It's on a PT3 for now but I may get a different size board. I'll probably also, only use the EV1.

For those that have their AX8 in a flight case, how much does it weigh, enough to become awkward?
i'm looking at cases and one of them I like the look of is 14KG.
That with the AX8 + SP1 at 7KG, plus maybe a few other small things and it's over 20KG.

It's still lighter than my 45KG Combo amp, but still not the lightweight rig I had in mind when I joined the fractal camp.

So since I made my original Trailer trash board modular, by using clevis pins so I could detach the smaller board, carrying the AX8. So I had been playing two churches and now I'm down to one, as last weekend was the end of the big church. They took it well. So the other church is like two minutes away, pretty convenient, and fun, it doesn't all have to be work.

So I wanted a smaller board, so I looked in my garage and I had one of my first pedal boards it was an old army case for bullets. I thought hmmm maybe, it might work. So I drilled 4 holes for the clevis pins and attached the smaller board and voila it worked kind of. The top case was two small arghhh!!! it was the protective bar on top of the AX8 was in the way. So I didn't give up, I went to home depot got taller boards cut for the top case and painted it flat black, which is already starting to wear. so without further adieu, here is pedalboard two. The case fits together with removable hinges.

And yes, my office is still a mess...;-)
IMG_4413.JPG IMG_4410.JPG IMG_4408.JPG IMG_4407.JPG IMG_4402.JPG IMG_4400.JPG IMG_4399.JPG

Very cool Scott! This is the smaller one huh?
Yeah it's a lot smaller. I like the small footprint. I have foot switches and an expression pedal if I need it. I haven't. It's fun bringing an old pedal board to life, I was going to sell it on craigslist for twenty bucks. I'll keep it.

this is what it used to look like.
IMG_3104_2.jpg IMG_3105_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom