Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I Love just about everything bout the ax8 but the Rotary isn't that great in fast mode if you compare it with the mobius....sounds too much like a vibrato fx...or is it my settings?

My Kick Tags came in. Got them in super fast time and just in time for my show this weekend! I think they look great. Thanks @Toadfish [ATTACH=full]31122[/ATTACH]
Just got Kick Tags this week and i was surprised at the build quality. Not only do they look great, but they are built to last. I use a pretty simple set up (as you can see) but its nice to have that glowing label when the fog is rolling and you have two left feet. Was a bit hesitant at first due to the price, but they were definitely worth it for me.

Attachments

• kick tags.JPG
    kick tags.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 133
I'm using the 3 drives and the Empress Compressor in front of the AX8 as additional flavors and CPU savers. The Empress ParaEQ is basically redundant eye candy at this point. The Turbo Tuner is faster, more precise, and more visible than the built-in tuner.

Currently I'm manually tapping each external effect in and out, but I plan on adding a HEX under the board very soon so everything can be controlled via scenes.

I also plan on adding one or two "flavor" pedals in the FX loop, also controlled via the HEX. Probably an EHX C9 and something weird from EQD. Stuff that can't easily be done internally without a dedicated preset.
I was thinking of utilizing an rjm mini effects gizmo to incorporate pedals mainly thinking about the 4cm with real amp, so scenes wouldn't be necessary to avoid the preset swtich gaps.
But I see you are not using any amp, so I'm VERY interested in how you'd program the ax8 to control the hex for scenes.

I was thinking of utilizing an rjm mini effects gizmo to incorporate pedals mainly thinking about the 4cm with real amp, so scenes wouldn't be necessary to avoid the preset swtich gaps.
But I see you are not using any amp, so I'm VERY interested in how you'd program the ax8 to control the hex for scenes.

Actually I ended up going with the DB11. I'm using scenes as planned. It's really easy - I have 4 loops which makes 16 possible combinations. Using AX8-Edit or the panel, I choose which combination of outboard pedals I want for each scene. Usually, I stick with no pedals (PC0) or one individual loop (nothing stacked - PC1-4).

In any given scene, I might engage a delay on the AX8 and a drive via a loop. Or I might smoothly fade the reverb time from short to long while simultaneously engaging the outboard compressor.

If I need to be completely on the fly, I engage all the loops (which I've programmed to PC15) and use the actual pedal footswitches to engage/bypass.

Actually I ended up going with the DB11. I'm using scenes as planned. It's really easy - I have 4 loops which makes 16 possible combinations. Using AX8-Edit or the panel, I choose which combination of outboard pedals I want for each scene. Usually, I stick with no pedals (PC0) or one individual loop (nothing stacked - PC1-4).

In any given scene, I might engage a delay on the AX8 and a drive via a loop. Or I might smoothly fade the reverb time from short to long while simultaneously engaging the outboard compressor.

If I need to be completely on the fly, I engage all the loops (which I've programmed to PC15) and use the actual pedal footswitches to engage/bypass.

OK just looked that up.
Are you sending PC's from the AX8 to the DB11 when you select a scene in which you want a pedal or pedals brought into the chain? [EDIT: ok i see you listed your PCs]
And are these pedals before the AX8 or in the effects loop? I know i have some Fuzzes that should go before a wah and then as you mentioned perhaps a EHX C9 etc in the effects loop.

Another follow up. So you're assigning PCs (to send to the DB) to each scene button?

Another follow up. So you're assigning PCs (to send to the DB) to each scene button?

Yes, I'm assigning PCs to each scene. Even if I'm not using external in that scene, because in that case I want to send the PC that turns everything off (otherwise it will just stay in the most recently triggered state). I have a template that is already set to fire PC0 on the right channel on every scene, so I just change it to what I need per scene as necessary.

The loop switcher and all those pedals are before the AX8 input. If I do a C9 or similar, I'll put it in the FX Loop by itself and use the FX Loop block to engage that effect.

Just finished this rig for my son

EYJ5OZi.jpg

0HLmws1.jpg

WdMY5oK.jpg
Can you be my dad too? Please?...

Yes, I'm assigning PCs to each scene. Even if I'm not using external in that scene, because in that case I want to send the PC that turns everything off (otherwise it will just stay in the most recently triggered state). I have a template that is already set to fire PC0 on the right channel on every scene, so I just change it to what I need per scene as necessary.

The loop switcher and all those pedals are before the AX8 input. If I do a C9 or similar, I'll put it in the FX Loop by itself and use the FX Loop block to engage that effect.
Thank you for the clarification. I may end up doing the same thing. Thank you for posting.

Back
Top Bottom