Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

After my first rehearsal with the AX8 where I brought it in a bag with everything unconnected,
I decided to go for the Pedaltrain Novo 24 after seeing a few on this thread.
Damn!...that velcro holds tight...bear to re-position but I think I've got it locked down.
6857960_orig.jpg

Here's my first stab at my AX8 board.

IMG_9891_zps4gq1kjmg.jpg

It may look like things are hanging over the side but they are not. It's completely snug so works perfectly for this setup.
I still need to do the power wiring underneath properly and I'll probably add a TC Poly-tuner at the empty space. In case I need to bypass the wireless that will make an easy entry point as well.

DSCN5717.JPG

Selling my Pedaltrain Pro, BTW (check the For Sale forum)

DSCN5716.JPG
See that empty space in my rack? The hole where my wonderful Axe FX II once was will someday be filled by an XL+.

Other random comments:
Oooh... time to change the humidifier filter. Yikes!

Planning to eventually get one of those Shure wireless pedals.

My Xitone is at the church.

Altoid tin for picks, cable ties, maybe a 9v for acoustic gigs.

Last edited:
This looks pretty nice. Details of how you put this together and how you transport it would be great! Are you using MIDI between these?

Hi guys - new user here. Here's my board I built today, with my brand spanking new amazing Ax8. I already love it, and I cant wait to play this weekends gig. :D

ax8-1.jpg

ax8-2.jpg

(Edit: pics fixed)

What is the thing on your classical guitar? Is it to hold it in the right position?
Details please?

View attachment 31386

Selling my Pedaltrain Pro, BTW (check the For Sale forum)

View attachment 31387
See that empty space in my rack? The hole where my wonderful Axe FX II once was will someday be filled by an XL+.

Other random comments:
Oooh... time to change the humidifier filter. Yikes!

Planning to eventually get one of those Shure wireless pedals.

My Xitone is at the church.

Altoid tin for picks, cable ties, maybe a 9v for acoustic gigs.

Maybe this should be in a different thread?
Personally, I rarely use my expression pedal. I use it mostly for wah, but I do not use wah live, so live it is set up as a volume pedal. I intend not to use the volume pedal, as all my patches should be at the right level. It is there only as a failsafe. I have one patch, where I use the expression pedal for a special effect (combined whammy and volume at the same time), and another patch where I use it to control my rotary speed.

Yes. It's the best ergonomic support available (at least IMO). I've been using one since grad school.

Not cheap, but worth every penny.

https://www.stringsbymail.com/murata-gr-2b-guitar-rest-with-adjustable-feet-black-4577.html

I use it with the longer post. I like the neck at a steep angle. That's what led me to the Forshage Orion electrics (Klein-based ergonomic headless), like my profile pic.

What is the thing on your classical guitar? Is it to hold it in the right position?
Details please?

Last edited:
So I developed my idea even further. Now I have 3 external switches on top of AX8. I found a cool way to attach them so they would not slip. Nano pad (the one that holds your phone on a car panel) - it is sticky and holds these switches really tight, better than velcro and it is easy to remove, no side effects of glueing velcro. Switches on the left are Vol Incr/Decr. I still havent decided about the right switch function.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 244
Here is mine. It's a work in progress...I have a Shure glxd16 on order. Once it arrives I will finish the cable management.

Novo 24
Voodoo lab / pedal power 2
Best-Tronics front panel

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 220
Back
Top Bottom