Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I have been stressed out the past few days, as I have to learn 14 songs for Good friday and Easter. They are kicking my butt, the main reason is a lot of them sound the same in the same keys. And they are all special songs, so you might play them once a year if that.

Yeah, I play in a cover band and my problem is rarely the technical task of playing a part it is most ALWAYS will my brain make the connection between the song title and patch and how the tune goes etc...sometimes, it doesn't. :)

Regarding your pedal board, do you have any issue with the DC power adapter coming loose in the power strip?

Yeah, I'm installing the kitchen sink and wet bar next week. Need to find a way to attach a composting toilet...;-)

The beauty of this rig is its three cables and an antenna to attach and that's it.

I have been stressed out the past few days, as I have to learn 14 songs for Good friday and Easter. They are kicking my butt, the main reason is a lot of them sound the same in the same keys. And they are all special songs, so you might play them once a year if that.

Those PSM900 antennas are serious monsters. They're actually taller than the directional paddles. But hey, no dropouts make it totally worth it!

Also: 14 songs! What church do you play at again? (You can PM me to not derail the thread)

Yeah, I play in a cover band and my problem is rarely the technical task of playing a part it is most ALWAYS will my brain make the connection between the song title and patch and how the tune goes etc...sometimes, it doesn't. :)

Regarding your pedal board, do you have any issue with the DC power adapter coming loose in the power strip?

Not so far. I found a strip that was very difficult for the items to put in so, they have remained in place. I do check every so often. That one device is for the A/b switcher that changes between wireless and wired.

It is overkill of course, I could just go straight into the AX8 when I need to go wired, but how boring would that be. So many things could have been done easier. I just enjoy the process I guess.

Those PSM900 antennas are serious monsters. They're actually taller than the directional paddles. But hey, no dropouts make it totally worth it!

Also: 14 songs! What church do you play at again? (You can PM me to not derail the thread)

Hey there, I'm unable to PM you so I put it here. I'm playing two churches at the moment. I play at Radiant church out in Surprise and playing Journey church in my neighborhood. I'm playing good Friday at Radiant and Easter at Journey Church.

Journey Church address
9049 W. Lake Pleasant Pkwy
Peoria, AZ 85382
http://www.lifeisajourney.org/
Easter is at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00

Radiant Church
15522 W. Paradise Ln.
Surprise, Az 85374
http://radiantchurch.com/

Good Friday is at 7:00pm

And a captain's chair (but without arms, of course)

Yeah, I'm installing the kitchen sink and wet bar next week. Need to find a way to attach a composting toilet...;-)

The beauty of this rig is its three cables and an antenna to attach and that's it.

My wireless will most likely be replaced with a Shure GLXD16 in the next few days. I power it through a Matrix GT1600FX and 2 custom XiTone 2X12 cabs. The tone is insane!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 153
IMG_2590.jpg

How did you integrate those pedals into your AX8 rig?

I'm using the 3 drives and the Empress Compressor in front of the AX8 as additional flavors and CPU savers. The Empress ParaEQ is basically redundant eye candy at this point. The Turbo Tuner is faster, more precise, and more visible than the built-in tuner.

Currently I'm manually tapping each external effect in and out, but I plan on adding a HEX under the board very soon so everything can be controlled via scenes.

I also plan on adding one or two "flavor" pedals in the FX loop, also controlled via the HEX. Probably an EHX C9 and something weird from EQD. Stuff that can't easily be done internally without a dedicated preset.

I'm using the 3 drives and the Empress Compressor in front of the AX8 as additional flavors and CPU savers. The Empress ParaEQ is basically redundant eye candy at this point. The Turbo Tuner is faster, more precise, and more visible than the built-in tuner.

Currently I'm manually tapping each external effect in and out, but I plan on adding a HEX under the board very soon so everything can be controlled via scenes.

I also plan on adding one or two "flavor" pedals in the FX loop, also controlled via the HEX. Probably an EHX C9 and something weird from EQD. Stuff that can't easily be done internally without a dedicated preset.
I hope to use my EHX Hog 2 and maybe get an EQD Bit Commander to tap into as well. I plan on using my Supernatural reverb pedal in the FX chain to save CPU. I also may use my Xotic EP boost and OCD in front also. And just for schnits and giggles I may add a Miku pedal.

Nice pic, thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom