Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Thanks to @yek I finally figured out, how to use my DIY MIDI foot controller conveniently with my minimized AX8 rig, without having to build a bulky board with ac/dc converter, etc. again -> using a USB 5V power bank for the MIDI controller...

The MIDI controller toggles scenes 1/5 (MFS1), scenes 2/6 (MFS2), etc. The AX8 FS directly control block bypass or control switches. The MIDI controller can also control the most important looper functions (but it would take me some more hours to properly program the LED indicators, to match with the AX8 internal ones...).

So this is my convenience setup. If I want to go smaller, I use a mini EXP-Pedal (Valeton Surge) instead, leave the MIDI controller at home and use sticky scene mode instead, if needed...

Regards,
glombi

Just some shared experience with using power banks. They might shut down, if the the current draw is too low. My pedal was optimized to low power consumption, so the battery pack just turned off after 30 seconds. Took me some time to figure out. Now I constantly power an internal LED, that keeps the battery alive...

View attachment 43254

HI ... I love your DIY MIDI foot controller .. do you have a schematic ? I like to make one too !!.. thanks a lot

...DIY MIDI foot controller conveniently with my minimized AX8 rig,
Hi, I love you DIY MIDI foot controller , do you have a schematic ? I really like to make one too .. thanks a lot!

Has anyone got their hands on one of these? Sleek looking board that would go well inside a live-in case. I wonder how sturdy it is, but the fact that they make it out of aluminum instead of steel shows they are paying attention to our aging backs.Monoboard2.jpg

Wired this up today. The board is a Rockcase RC23010SA.

The rig weighs around 16kg with the lid on, wireless transmitter, an extra cable or two inside.

Was going to go with a Pedaltrain, but this solution is a lot easier...just take the lid off and plug in power and XLRs!

View attachment 32415

SamD what are those "screws" that secure the cables down to the board? And where to get them?

SamD what are those "screws" that secure the cables down to the board? And where to get them?

They are called mounting bases, and here in the States we can find them at most hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot). I'm not sure if SamD's are this brand, but you might look up "Commercial Electric 1in. Mounting Base" on Amazon or your preferred online shop.

They are called mounting bases, and here in the States we can find them at most hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot). I'm not sure if SamD's are this brand, but you might look up "Commercial Electric 1in. Mounting Base" on Amazon or your preferred online shop.

Thanks a lot for the reply Rob.

Gonna try to found the mouting bases here in Portugal, or in Europe.

Just finished this rig for my son

EYJ5OZi.jpg

0HLmws1.jpg

WdMY5oK.jpg

I absolutely love the setup you put together for your son!

I have an AX8 and while I'm still figuring out the best setup for myself, I noticed the box you have the xlr outs connected to and was wondering if it's something custom you created or something I can purchase online, or locally. I don't want to be constantly connecting and disconnecting the wires directly in the back of my AX8 for obvious wear and tear issues.

Thanks!! Jon

Just finished my new board for my scaled down rig, for small pubs etc.
Have an identical board with my MFC-101 and my AXE FXII in a rack case for larger gigs.

The one thing that makes all this work is the VOES controller, expands the AX8 to a very simple rig with everything available without switching modes, scenes on the bottom row and effects above.received_10155486754613587.jpeg 20180512_202625.jpg

This is mine for the current show. Guitar comes in through the Shure GLXD16 receiver and goes out to the Atomic CLR. Venue is practically a concrete bunker, so the onstage volume carries. Only vocals are on house system.
32105702_869567066580441_1204310040979177472_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my new board for my scaled down rig, for small pubs etc.
Have an identical board with my MFC-101 and my AXE FXII in a rack case for larger gigs.

The one thing that makes all this work is the VOES controller, expands the AX8 to a very simple rig with everything available without switching modes, scenes on the bottom row and effects above.View attachment 46760 View attachment 46761

Interested in your setup. Is the Boss used as a standard input volume, leaving the Cut and Lift buttons as two Exp switch inputs to increase and decrease volume by 1dB per press? What does the CC volume Pedal control in your preset that the Boss doesn’t??

Back
Top Bottom