Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Which QSC monitor is that, how does it handle the low B, and how flat is the overall response curve?
It's the QSC K12.
I have B, Drop-A and F# basses. That green one bounces between B and Drop-A, and then I have another Dingwall for F# tuning. For what we do (metal / hard rock) it works wonderfully well at either rehearsal or gigs. We always have great FOH support, so I just need it for stage monitoring really, and it excels at that. The feel of it is different than a 4x10 or 8x10 cab of course, but, it still shakes everything and puts the tone right at my ears, so I hear myself perfectly fine when not running IEMs. I really couldn't be happier with it.

Frequency response... interesting that you ask. Do you mean on axis or off axis? I think people try to read them incorrectly, drawing conclusions where there shouldn't. At best, you'll find an on-axis response graph, but that tells you... basically nothing :).

Another thing that you should be asking for / looking at is the EASE data (most serious / big name PA systems provide this - I wish more manufacturers did), which I'll just assume that folks who are asking for response graphs know what this is and how to interpert/read:

K12_Freq.Spectrum.png

K12_Horz-Map.png

K12_Sensitivity.png

It's the QSC K12.
I have B, Drop-A and F# basses. That green one bounces between B and Drop-A, and then I have another Dingwall for F# tuning. For what we do (metal / hard rock) it works wonderfully well at either rehearsal or gigs. We always have great FOH support, so I just need it for stage monitoring really, and it excels at that. The feel of it is different than a 4x10 or 8x10 cab of course, but, it still shakes everything and puts the tone right at my ears, so I hear myself perfectly fine when not running IEMs. I really couldn't be happier with it.

Frequency response... interesting that you ask ...

Thanks! Mainly, I was just wanting to know if it sounds smooth and even through the entire range. For instance, through my ELF system, the response sounds, to me, very even all the way down to B (the lowest note on my instrument), unlike other cabs I've played through. But I no longer wish to take those ELF cabs out of the house. :)

Thanks! Mainly, I was just wanting to know if it sounds smooth and even through the entire range. For instance, through my ELF system, the response sounds, to me, very even all the way down to B (the lowest note on my instrument), unlike other cabs I've played through. But I no longer wish to take those ELF cabs out of the house. :)
I will say that to me, it's definitely transparent enough for what I do, and it takes EQ changes very well. I run tones all over the board with it - grindy/aggressive to silky smooth to reggae-esque fat, and it does all pretty well. It's a workhorse and really surprised me in its ability. I actually initially auditioned it as a joke, then bought it when it did well at the audition with the intent to return it when I "knew" it was going to not cut it at rehearsal... then it excelled even there, and it's a keeper haha.

Thank you Semih, about taking off the rubber feet, it seems I need new shorter screws, original ones are too long whithout the rubber feet, am I right ?

Hey! I took the rubber feet off the bottom of mine and DIDN'T put the screws back in. As the side plates of the AX8 are still attached, the bottom can't fall out! This leaves it totally flat so you can easily velcro it to your board. Been this way on mine for a year and no issues whatsoever!

View attachment 39471 View attachment 39472 View attachment 39474 View attachment 39475 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.

Big fan of tidy boards and super clean wiring. Nice job man!

View attachment 39471 View attachment 39472 View attachment 39474 View attachment 39475 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.

Love the clean look of this - really nice!

That's a B7K. The pedal we were "promised", then "un-promised", then "maybe promised" to have modeled. It's a pedal I mostly can't live without in two of my three bands, so it has a permanent spot on the pedal board. The cable actually isn't XLR, it's just a standard 1/4" mono cable. Mogami cable, Neutrik ends, built myself (I do all my own cables).

Hey Guys,

Thought I’d share this one, in particular for the gigging-AX8-using-guitarist.

Having owned rack gear of various sizes and varying weight over the years, I came to the realisation that less is in fact more. What do I need when playing live, and what can I actually live without. It then dawned on me that all I’m using is one exp pedal, a wireless setup and my trusty AX8.

The pic speaks for itself; AX8 mounted on the base of the case, with a Dunlop mini exp pedal next to it, Line 6 G70 wireless setup mounted above the exp pedal, with all items plugged into the surge protector for power. So I basically have everything plugged in ready to go except for the power cable. This way, I just plug the power cable in and voila, I’m good to go.

I’ve purposely left space for either XLR or standard ¼ cables to be freely plugged in as sometimes too many cables next to each other starts getting messing. This is literally a grab and go rig which is super easy to travel with, and even quicker to fire up and start playing. These days I’m going FRFR/direct to PA etc, so I’ve got my AX8 case in one hand and guitar in the other.
I pop the removable lid. D O N E.

Wasn’t cheap to get made here in Melbourne, Australia, but that’s the price you pay for quality, convenience and reliability. All items in the case have been velcro’d down, and they ain’t moving at all unless I use brute force.

Moral of this story?! For anyone that is thinking about an all in one travel solution (good enough for touring and usual rigors of the road), look no further. Invest your cash into something that is worth investing in. We spend good money on Fractal gear, on good wireless setups, on good cabling.. well, the case protects your investments, so why not make it a good one.

Now, I just need SUKH to hook me up with some labels..

Made by Chris http://www.caseman.com.au/

Hey Guys,

Thought I’d share this one, in particular for the gigging-AX8-using-guitarist.

Having owned rack gear of various sizes and varying weight over the years, I came to the realisation that less is in fact more. What do I need when playing live, and what can I actually live without. It then dawned on me that all I’m using is one exp pedal, a wireless setup and my trusty AX8.

The pic speaks for itself; AX8 mounted on the base of the case, with a Dunlop mini exp pedal next to it, Line 6 G70 wireless setup mounted above the exp pedal, with all items plugged into the surge protector for power. So I basically have everything plugged in ready to go except for the power cable. This way, I just plug the power cable in and voila, I’m good to go.

I’ve purposely left space for either XLR or standard ¼ cables to be freely plugged in as sometimes too many cables next to each other starts getting messing. This is literally a grab and go rig which is super easy to travel with, and even quicker to fire up and start playing. These days I’m going FRFR/direct to PA etc, so I’ve got my AX8 case in one hand and guitar in the other.
I pop the removable lid. D O N E.

Wasn’t cheap to get made here in Melbourne, Australia, but that’s the price you pay for quality, convenience and reliability. All items in the case have been velcro’d down, and they ain’t moving at all unless I use brute force.

Moral of this story?! For anyone that is thinking about an all in one travel solution (good enough for touring and usual rigors of the road), look no further. Invest your cash into something that is worth investing in. We spend good money on Fractal gear, on good wireless setups, on good cabling.. well, the case protects your investments, so why not make it a good one.

Now, I just need SUKH to hook me up with some labels..

Made by Chris http://www.caseman.com.au/

Looking good brother! Will look even better soon... new stuff will be unveiled and released imminently... more details here in the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime, if you drop me an email at sukh@zenrigs.com I'll add you to the mailing list and give u a heads up when I'm getting closer.

Enjoy the rig man - killer stuff!
Sukh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom