Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

IMG_1345.JPG IMG_1346.JPG IMG_1341.JPG IMG_1349.JPG Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.

View attachment 39471 View attachment 39472 View attachment 39474 View attachment 39475 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.
How many expression pedals do you have in your main rig?

How many expression pedals do you have in your main rig?

3 on the main rig, but liquid foot pro lets you change the midi cc of pedals with switches. so theoreticaly its 3 hardware expression pedals assignable on the fly to 12 external controllers in axe fx.

View attachment 39471 View attachment 39472 View attachment 39474 View attachment 39475 Here is my custom-self built AX8 pedalboard. This my B Rig for smaller shows, rehearsals, sessions etc. 4 expression pedals: 3 Moogerfooger Ep-3 & Dunlop Dvp4 and line 6 Relay G10 wireless transmitter. Fits perfectly in a pelican case with wheels to transport. I use this pedalboard sometimes direct to FOH/FRFR sometimes with my VOX ac15h1tv (london power scaled) Either way sounds great and covers all tones, fx, sounds i am looking for...let me know if you have questions about the board / how to build it etc. Would be happy if i can help.
Very nice!

Packed for a short tour of the Australian east coast today, heading out this weekend with a guitar, the AX8 and some clean underwear. AX8 goes into a soft carry case so I can keep it with me on the plane.

17992015_10155282343818923_610176752689031358_n.jpg

Packed for a short tour of the Australian east coast today, heading out this weekend with a guitar, the AX8 and some clean underwear. AX8 goes into a soft carry case so I can keep it with me on the plane.

17992015_10155282343818923_610176752689031358_n.jpg
are you playing in Melbourne?
I thought I was the only one playing a blue PRS through an ax8 in this little town :)

Hi,
I would know how you do to attach the AX8 on your board, including the Pedaltrain ones, use of Velcro ? another solution ? Thank you

are you playing in Melbourne?
I thought I was the only one playing a blue PRS through an ax8 in this little town :)
Yeah we're playing Cherry Friday night, around 930. If you can make it give me a heads up over message here!

Great looking board and case. I would love to hear more about your build process and which case you are using. Thanks

I'm in the process of building a little pedalboard. Thinking about a smaller switch to make room for a second expression pedal.

Cables needs a bit of tidying up, when the rest is settled

Attachments

• IMG_5403.JPG
    IMG_5403.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 87
Great looking board and case. I would love to hear more about your build process and which case you are using. Thanks

thx man. i bought the wood pieces, wood plates and cut them to measurements i needed. than before assembling together covered each piece with duck tape. the whole process takes probably total of 6-7 hours. pelican case i use is "storm im3100". its light weight, super sturdy and built quality, wheels, locks are excellent. for the pedalboard i spent not more than 30-40 bugs, you can get the pelican used around 150.-
well worth the price IMHO...if you dont need 4 expressions pedals you can build also a smaller one and get a smaller pelican case.

after all putting your rig on stage gets so much easier, faster. you dont mess with cables, no risk of forgetting or loosing cables. and ax8, other pedals, most importantly all easy to break connections, cable ends are really protected and safe on stage, during transport etc.

Hi,
I would know how you do to attach the AX8 on your board, including the Pedaltrain ones, use of Velcro ? another solution ? Thank you

either welcro tape under the ax8 (you need to take of the rubber feet) or velcro strap (long one) around ax8 and pedalboard. the second way doesnt look as good as the first one but way easier to take the ax8 off the board when needed.

Thank you Semih, about taking off the rubber feet, it seems I need new shorter screws, original ones are too long whithout the rubber feet, am I right ?

Thank you Semih, about taking off the rubber feet, it seems I need new shorter screws, original ones are too long whithout the rubber feet, am I right ?

i think so, i read about it but i bought my ax8 used and the rubber feet were already taken off and there was a velcro under. i didnt check the screws...probably i should.

i think so, i read about it but i bought my ax8 used and the rubber feet were already taken off and there was a velcro under. i didnt check the screws...probably i should.

Yes, make sure you have the correct ones. Check out THIS thread for info.

Back
Top Bottom