Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I actually live in Union City, but the band is based in Fremont. We play around the Bay Area, band has been around for many years. Played Lake Elizabeth in July (I used my Kemper rack).
How cool. Union City is my BART stop but I'm just on the Fremont side of Alameda Creek. Did you guys play the Niles Santa Claus Parade last year?

How cool. Union City is my BART stop but I'm just on the Fremont side of Alameda Creek. Did you guys play the Niles Santa Claus Parade last year?
Nope, but we played Pleasanton's "Home Town Christmas On Main Street, something like that, last December. Hella lotta people... Played the Florence a few times with another band...

Nope, but we played Pleasanton's "Home Town Christmas On Main Street", something like that. Hella lotta people... Played the Florence a few times with another band...
FWIW, I just looked more closely at the picture. It appears our lead singer/rhythm guitarist is levitating. Interesting... :eek:

I'm moving from the AxeFx with the rack and a Line 6 G90 wireless system to this. The missing pedal on the lower right side is on order from loop-master. It's an A/B/Y switch where I'll take both line outs from the two Line 6 wireless units and send to the input on the AX8. This allows me to switch guitars from my tech and I'll just toggle between the two wireless units.View attachment 34238 View attachment 34239 View attachment 34240 View attachment 34241
View attachment 34238
A little of topic, but you don't need two Line6 receiver, just switch off one transmitter and switch on the second One and it works if you are on the same Channel on both. Unless you need to play both guitars at the same Time.

A little of topic, but you don't need two Line6 receiver, just switch off one transmitter and switch on the second One and it works if you are on the same Channel on both. Unless you need to play both guitars at the same Time.
I hear ya. But when both belt packs are live, and close to each other (when my guitar tech is standing next to me) then one signal always wins, and not necessarily the signal you want. We dow a lot of segues from song to song so it's one note than the next with a different guitar...little more difficult. Therefore, for shows we do, its better to be safe than sorry and not have any accidents or accidental switches. Appreciate the feedback!

I posted my own thread with pic and then found this one...so here it is

fullsizerender-4-jpg.34442

Here is my small setup for solo-duo jobs. Backing tracks in the iPad with Sonic Port interface. My XL and RJM saved for the big gigs! I use the Fractal Expression pedal for both rigs, that's why it's outside the board. And I didn't have more place in this old case lying around...

AX8.jpg

Hey guys, I'm currently on tour with Butch Walker and this here is my pedalboard. Clean and simple. I'm using this on bass by the way. I'm mostly using my AX8 for amped-up tones, with about a 50-50 mix of direct signal and an SVT amp with various overdrive and fuzz pedals in front of it (all internally on the AX8). I also kick in a parallel sparkly shimmer thing every once in a while that sounds like there's another guy off stage playing pads on a synth. Our FOH guy is absolutely loving the sounds I'm feeding him and says he doesn't have to touch my channel pretty much for the entire show (for that matter, I've yet to run into a sound guy who wasn't completely on board with the AX8 after one show). By the way, that is just a regular VP Junior that I'm using as an expression pedal using a TRS to dual TS cable. The sweep probably isn't perfect, but absolutely good enough for me. Been fun making little tweaks from show to show, and *very* happy with what I'm getting out of my amp. Game changer.

IMG_3979.jpg

Here's a shot of my first outing with my AX8 at Tribfest with Paramore (or Less). After years of being an Axefx owner it was certainly great not to have to carry a rack and MFC. I also liked that I could velcro my wireless G30 to the side for an ultra compact rig. Just waiting for the new kick tag surrounds from Sukh to finish it off now!

Hey guys, I'm currently on tour with Butch Walker and this here is my pedalboard. Clean and simple. I'm using this on bass by the way. I'm mostly using my AX8 for amped-up tones, with about a 50-50 mix of direct signal and an SVT amp with various overdrive and fuzz pedals in front of it (all internally on the AX8). I also kick in a parallel sparkly shimmer thing every once in a while that sounds like there's another guy off stage playing pads on a synth. Our FOH guy is absolutely loving the sounds I'm feeding him and says he doesn't have to touch my channel pretty much for the entire show (for that matter, I've yet to run into a sound guy who wasn't completely on board with the AX8 after one show). By the way, that is just a regular VP Junior that I'm using as an expression pedal using a TRS to dual TS cable. The sweep probably isn't perfect, but absolutely good enough for me. Been fun making little tweaks from show to show, and *very* happy with what I'm getting out of my amp. Game changer.

View attachment 34549

Are you playing with Butch or opening act? Great songwriter

Back
Top Bottom