Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I don't use the 44 that often. Usually I have my Flexsys FM12 active cab + PEQ at Output 2 and go direct to FOH with Out 1. When I can't use my Flex (smaller festivals etc.) I dial in another preset without cab sims on Out 2 and use the 44 with one of the 4x12 at the venue. Of course the 44 can't compete with a Matrix power amp or stuff like that but it sounds surprisingly good for the price and the weight. It's my personal security so that I can turn it up and hear myself if the monitor guy sucks :)
I have the volume at 11 o'clock so it doesn't color that much. Sometimes bright, sometimes not. Depends on the cab. Of course it sounds different than the FOH signal but still really good. Power amp models are on. Wouldn't want to miss this little helper.

28675641711_231bd70abc_h.jpg
Couple of crappy phone pics I took after completing the wiring, and before she left for the road. I was a fractal virgin up to this point, but I am SOLD. (I am awaiting a second one, as it's killing me not having it around to jam on when I am at home. ;) ).
FullSizeRender (4).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg 28135465414_be82817feb_k.jpg

I'm moving from the AxeFx with the rack and a Line 6 G90 wireless system to this. The missing pedal on the lower right side is on order from loop-master. It's an A/B/Y switch where I'll take both line outs from the two Line 6 wireless units and send to the input on the AX8. This allows me to switch guitars from my tech and I'll just toggle between the two wireless units.IMG_6676.JPG IMG_6677.JPG IMG_6678.JPG IMG_6712.JPG
IMG_6676.JPG

Last edited:
[QUOTE="mrtheedge2u, [/QUOTE] I feel like I'm going mad trying to decide on a decent box for the AX8. I will wait till it arrives though. Can you let me know the model number of the yellow case you got? I guess it's Pelican?

[QUOTE="mrtheedge2u,
I feel like I'm going mad trying to decide on a decent box for the AX8. I will wait till it arrives though. Can you let me know the model number of the yellow case you got? I guess it's Pelican?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I used the Pelican im2950 Storm. It's the perfect fit for my setup. But I have the Temple Audio Trio 28 board so it all depends on what board you'll mount it to.. Love the pelican though

Looks great but not able to pay $518.66 which is what they want here. The search goes on. Will probably make my own board so just need the box. I want to protect my new baby but sadly can't spend that much.

Shipping: Does not ship to Australia

Even if it did shipping would be at least around the $100 mark. (One quote was $142.54)

I'm moving from the AxeFx with the rack and a Line 6 G90 wireless system to this. The missing pedal on the lower right side is on order from loop-master. It's an A/B/Y switch where I'll take both line outs from the two Line 6 wireless units and send to the input on the AX8. This allows me to switch guitars from my tech and I'll just toggle between the two wireless units.View attachment 34238 View attachment 34239 View attachment 34240 View attachment 34241
View attachment 34238
Just wondering about power cords. It doesn't look like you could get the power lead through those large holes but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping to mount something like this (http://www.ji.com.au/products/PT3388/) underneath the board. As I can't find any info on the height of that board can you tell me how much vertical room is under the back end for something like a power board?

Just wondering about power cords. It doesn't look like you could get the power lead through those large holes but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping to mount something like this (http://www.ji.com.au/products/PT3388/) underneath the board. As I can't find any info on the height of that board can you tell me how much vertical room is under the back end for something like a power board?
I had to take a razor and shave just a sliver off of the plastic to get it though. Didn't affect the integrity of the power cord at all but I did have to shave a sliver off.

I had to take a razor and shave just a sliver off of the plastic to get it though. Didn't affect the integrity of the power cord at all but I did have to shave a sliver off.
Great, so it looks like any kettle plug will go through. Thanks for that.

Here's my latest that I used on a gig this weekend:

IMG_0744_zpsjz4zd5rh.jpg

• Spring Loaded Mission EP-1 almost exclusively for Wah
  • Momentary switch for a quick 2dB boost (talent boost)
  • Shure Wireless
  • Master Volume knob (connected to global volume)
  • TC PolyTune 2 mini - faster and more convenient than the built-in tuner
It looks from the perspective that the master volume knob hangs over the side but it all fits perfectly inside the Pedaltrain 2.

Very happy with this setup. Thinking of possibly getting the new lightweight Mission Pedal instead to save some weight, otherwise I can't really think of anything else I would want.

Whew - man, those are some nice rigs! Just got my AX8 last Tuesday and used it at a gig this past Saturday in Fremont, CA with my band Jukebox Heroes. I am running a small, but mighty, rig - the AX8, two Dunlop DVP4 mini volume/expression pedals to control volume and wah, and a Yamaha DXR10 FRFR monitor (visible behind the mic stand in the picture). I have a non-closeup shot of it, you can sorta see the rig. Man I LOVE this modeler! I have two Kempers and an Amplifire but the AX8 is my main squeeze right now, musically speaking of course! Except for the FRFR, I carry all (AX8, pedals, all cables) in a Mono Kontroller bag, perfect fit.

Interesting side note: the booking/equipment agency owner came over and asked me if I was using a Pod, I told him it was a Fractal AX8 and showed it to him, he said it had some good tones, considering the source that was high praise indeed! I had a s**t-eating grin on my face most of the gig, was just digging it so much...

nickrig_ffota_2016.jpg

Whew - man, those are some nice rigs! Just got my AX8 last Tuesday and used it at a gig this past Saturday in Fremont, CA with my band Jukebox Heroes.
Whoa. Someone else lives in Fremont? Or do you just gig here once a year when the one exciting thing happens? :D

I'm sorry I missed your show. We opted to not stroll the street festival this year. I spent Saturday soldering control boxes for my rig instead. Go figure!

I actually live in Union City, but the band is based in Fremont. We play around the Bay Area, band has been around for many years. Played Lake Elizabeth in July (I used my Kemper rack).

If you're interested, here's the band website. I'm still a newbie here so I can't post links yet, so just replace the dots with... dots...

http://www.jukeboxheroes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom