Show me your project guitars

Brownmatthall

Power User
I was gonna post up a thread showing my first strat build that i finished today, but it felt a little vain and I'd much rather see what everyone else is up to anyway. SO if you've got a partscaster/custom build/ etc, lets see em :)
13381119_255911131441667_842010840_n.jpg

(The tele I was inquiring about necks for with the neck pup cover removed with the newest member of the pack)

1986 Ibanez RS440... Stripped, custom "burnt" finish, 1989 Wizard neck, crazy mish-mash of parts. Special "hand crafted" pickguard... I just installed some GFS Dream 180 Gold (humbucker size) pickups that bump the color mix another notch:

image.jpeg

Van Halen'd my Desert Sun Yellow 87 S540... Brought the brightness down a few clicks. Rattle can black primer with a nice clear coat, including my band's logo:

image.jpeg

This one is probably my favorite... Vintage parts plus a nice custom paint job. 1987 Radius R540 with Wizard neck:

image.jpeg

I've got a couple other Ibanez S540 guitars that are stripped and then stained and finished with hand rubbed clear finish on Mahogany... Have to find some pictures. Those are the best for tone... The wood really "breathes" with no paint.

Most of the parts and pickups are GFS...

AllParts neck I bought like 15 years ago and never used.

Control plate from Sigler.
the pickguard i threw on the strat was a GFS prewired, havent got strings on it just yet so i gotta wait til tomorrow to sound check em. otherwise im pretty happy with how it came out, and for 30 something bucks its hard to beat

I wanted a cheap guitar to try the Duncan P-Rails Hot in. I found one that punched way above it's weight class as far as playability and sustain, even though I initially grabbed it as a joke.

Behold the Death Kitty...

death_kitty.jpg
the sleeper to end all sleepers

IMG_7944.JPG
My first refinish attempt on a Fender Deluxe V-Neck strat, originally the honey blonde color. Orange candy over silver metallic with clear coat. Has Kinman Blues pickups and tone control moved from middle pickup to bridge pickup.
IMG_7947.JPG
Ibanez RGA32 refinished in a black teal burst. Originally flat black, has Dimarzio Evolution pickup set and push pull tone control.

. IMG_7941.JPG

Older ash telecaster body, American Standard strat neck. Dimarzio Area Hot T bridge and Schecter U.S.A. tele neck pickups. Jury is still out on whether I like the result of the finish but it does have some character.

Back
Top Bottom