Fixed Show me the differences between scenes and channels

hippietim

Axe-Master
I'd like a button I can press that will generate a "Diff" between scenes and channels. I'm not entirely sure how far to take it but something indicating differences at all could help trouble shoot something unexpected. Bonus points for allowing me to take some corrective action

Assuming Scene 1 is the "baseline":

Scene 2:
Compressor on
Chorus Channel B
Delay mix attached to envelope modifier

Scene 3:
Delay Channel C - using Scene controller 1 for Mix

etc.

Assuming Channel A is the "baseline":
Cab Channel C - Cab 3 is Factory cab 439 1x10 ....
Chorus Channel D - Trichorus with settings..
etc.

A compare function between channels or blocks would be super cool, maybe just in Axe edit. Returns a text file showing only parameters that are different and their values... hmmm, doesn’t fractool do this already now that I think about it?

When you're in axe edit and you click the scenes buttons it's easy to see what turns on/off. I'm pretty sure you also see a small letter on the block indicating the channel of that block (or was that the front panel?). Now I have to go look :)

Things will get easier when we can have an inventory of blocks also. Have 4 chorus, delay, amp or whatever channels and just drop it into a preset, choose the channel and go. After a little time getting used to that method, it's kinda like grabbing a hand full of favorite pedals and knowing what to expect. This is what I did with the II & AX8 but with channels and scenes on the III it opens up almost unlimited possibilities in one preset.

I see how what you describe could be helpful if you had lots of complex presets to manage though.

When you're in axe edit and you click the scenes buttons it's easy to see what turns on/off. I'm pretty sure you also see a small letter on the block indicating the channel of that block (or was that the front panel?). Now I have to go look :)

You have to hold down ALT or OPTION to see this. I'm hoping down the road they may add an option in preferences to always show the block instance and channel like the front panel :)

Back
Top Bottom