Wish Show firmware version used to save each preset

Jason

Many firmware updates inspire users to update their existing presets by applying new features or tweaking the settings. Sometimes I don’t have time to review all my presets after installing each firmware version, and over time I forget which ones I reviewed and optimized with the current firmware. To help solve this problem, I propose adding a data field in each preset that shows which firmware version was installed at the time it was last saved. If it’s too awkward to store and view this data at the preset level, it could be stored in the Amp1 block and shown in the Advanced tab. For example, add a row that says, “Saved With: 5.06”.

I have a vague suspicion it is already stored in the preset... Just not displayed.

I think this is a cool idea, though, because often we see people run into issues after downloading a preset from here or Axe-change... And knowing this info would help diagnosing the problem.

+1

Given the pace and consequences of firmware updates, a preset is tightly coupled to the firmware version in use when it was created. It would be a big help when sharing presets to show this information.

This would be extremely helpful! Especially if it’s already stored in the preset, it seems like (famous last words) it wouldn’t be too hard to implement, compared to other feature requests.

Back
Top Bottom