Shout out to Yek

I agree completely with all the above posts. Thanks for your continued great effort. Your amp model series has been an absolutely perfect platform for me to learn my Ax8.

Totally agree. @yek rocks.

Reading the recent "amp-a-day" posts are the way I start my day everyday. They're a little bit of sanity and escapism in an otherwise world.

Yek for President!

Love starting my day off by reading Yek's latest addition to his super guide of all the amp models in the Axe. I have learned so much from this. Thanks so much for all you do, Yek!

*Blush*

Regarding the wiki: yes, that has gotten a little out of hand over the years. I've put so much time in it that I just can't let it go... :D

Originally I just wanted to assemble all available info for my own use. That led to the How-Tos, on the original wiki. That was 2009 or so I think.

When the Axe-Fx II was introduced, it was the right time to create a new wiki structure. These days it covers all FAS products. I still make sure the entire wiki is kept up-to-date.

BTW, it should not be forgotten that the original wiki was established thanks to contributions of forum members such as @AlbertA, @javajunkie, @Piing and others.

Then I got sucked into the forum. I learned so much from @Admin M@, @javajunkie, @Bakerman, @Scott Peterson, Cliff of course and others. And I still do. Some of these guys are less present on the forum than before, but be assured, they are still around.

These days guys as Chris (AxeFxTutorials), @Rex, @iaresee still help many forum members on a daily basis. Many of you do too. I'm progressively less active in that aspect. These days I like to focus more on stuff like the AMP models series because I love writing. We'll see what happens after that.

Nice one Yek! I love reading all your posts and have learned so much from you! Thanks for all you do and hope you have a great weekend! :cool::cool:

Agree. Thanks Yek! Invaluable assistance

And in addition to the WIKI, he has 14000+ messages (as I look to break 400 :)). If my math is right, thats an average of 6 or 7 a day, EVERY DAY. That's a lot of help.

Much appreciated.

MM

yup, he's helped me tons. Not just w/axe fx...Because of him I returned my Friedman monitors for the CLR from Atomic...They sound amazing. Also...is YEK a pro player? Is there anything on youtube with his setups and playing?

Yek for president!

Great work Alex. I've found exceptional value in everything you've shared over the years. I'm especially enjoying your new amp series. Professional, informative, well-written, interesting. Many thanks.
Joe

So true.
I really wonder at what level this community would be without his input.

A walking machine of answers, great Wiki encyclopedia and the latest piece of work: Fractal Amp Models.
He makes order in the "chaos" in a very logical way.

Great thread!

We'd be diminished

Back
Top Bottom