Shout out to RJM

That's very kind Alexander.
But the funny thing is, it only starts happening after a while, and sometimes not at all.
And some things are very specific.
Like the two first presets where I have to set scenes to none.
So I guess I'll start with a factory reset and go from there.
Thanks again for the offer.
BTW - I posted my setup on the RJM forum but I'm not sure which version that was ;-)
EDIT:
I just swapped USB - cables - I'm using a quality cable on the RJAM - the one I used on the AxeFx.
Downloaded the setup.
The first preset - I can't switch scenes.
When I go to the looper page - I can select Scenes as well.
On the second preset - where in the RJM the scene is set to none - it works fine. I can switch scenes and it stays on the same page.
On the first preset - when I select another scene than #1 - the whole pedal blinks and goes to the local page and stays on scene 1.
I added the setup.

Attachments

• 20-12-31.rjs
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Extra info:
I copied my preset #000 tot #020 - did the same in the RJM without changing a thing to either preset or setup and there it works.
Go figure.
And yes; I tried copying back from #020 tot #000 and it still doesn't work.

So I went ahead and did a factory reset.
I only programmed the first preset and now all seems to work fine.
Bummer RJM editor keeps crashing when copying from one editor to the other.
Saving after each copy/paste evidently prevents this from happening.
Now I'll see what happens when I continue copying from the old setup.
Still strange that this happened though.

I'm getting more and more convinced this is an AxeEdit problem.
Yesterday I had it on for about 8 hours - no glitches.
I turned on AxeEdit and after a while, the GT22 wouldn't switch presets when I switched presets on AE.
Closing AE and power cycling didn't help.
Only removing the USB cable and power cycling made the GT22 switch presets with the AxeFx again.

Now I'm running FracPad and all seems fine for now.
I'll see what happens.

I would see this with both my Mission pedals on mfc-101s also. Seems they are funky registering last 1% consistently, or at least that has been my experience with them.

When I calibrate these same Mission pedals on GTs can see this on the display also. Start with heal down, hit calibrate button, move to toe down and it will not completely fill the location bar on main display at first, the last row of pixels will be missing then it will usually fill in like a second later. I know nothing but it seems if that last row is included in calibration being able to hit full range is inconsistent at best.

So I do this with Mission pedals... witchcraft but maybe will work for you also. Start heal down, hit calibrate, then in one quick fluid motion move to toe down and immediately back to heal down (don't let it rest at toe down) & hit done. I'm very light on the toe down not to jam down as don't want that last line of pixels to light up.

Interesting, I have the same issue with my Mission pedals and GT22/AF3. Really annoying, as I use a spring-loaded Mission for whammy. I`ll try your approach!

I'm getting more and more convinced this is an AxeEdit problem.
Yesterday I had it on for about 8 hours - no glitches.
I turned on AxeEdit and after a while, the GT22 wouldn't switch presets when I switched presets on AE.
Closing AE and power cycling didn't help.
Only removing the USB cable and power cycling made the GT22 switch presets with the AxeFx again.

Now I'm running FracPad and all seems fine for now.
I'll see what happens.

For me, as a general rule I try not to have AxeEdit connected whilst I use the GT22, I don't think this is an issue with AxeEdit, but more that you have 2 external things trying to control the AxeFX at the same time (i.e. AxeEdit and the GT22). I also leave the USB cable unplugged from my GT22 (but this probably makes no difference, just being cautious as I know my computer picks up the GT22 as a MIDI device).

EDIT: When I'm building/designing presets I do have AxeEdit and the GT22 connected, this makes it easier to audition. But when I'm playing/jamming/recording I don't have them both at the same time.

I added the setup.

@MisterE

I loaded your setup.

I noticed a couple of things. Not sure if they will solve your issue, but try them anyway.

On the Devices screen of your GT:
  • change SEND REDUNDANT PCs to OFF.
  • change SEND CCs ON PRESET CHANGE to ON
  • top-right PAGE button: turn off "SEND ON PRESET CHANGE" and "UPDATE ON PRESET CHANGE".

It occurred to me that my RJM Mastermind GT 16 has now been with me a long time. Through three different rounds of Fractal Audio gear, in fact. Through it all, that thing has performed flawlessly, has undergone a lot of free firmware changes that have allowed it to keep up with the FAS firmwares, and has generally been the unsung hero of my live rig.

I've tried a few others. To me, the RJM wins in terms of flexibility and ease of use. Not affiliated, just feeling thankful.
Absolutely agree, mine works flawlessly with the Axe III. And does a hell of a lot more to boot...not only can I fully control my Axe III but I can also control my vocal harmony unit..and even some effects on the X32-Mix all at the same time..no other controller can do this.

One of the features of the MFC that I liked is being able to hold down the bank switch and being able to quickly cycle through all the patches (up and down)
Can the mastermind GT 16 - 22 do it?

One of the features of the MFC that I liked is being able to hold down the bank switch and being able to quickly cycle through all the patches (up and down)
Can the mastermind GT 16 - 22 do it?
Yes you can. Set an IA to 'Preset Menu'. On the GT22 this gives you access to select from one of 24 patches at a time. You can page up or down through groups of 24 using the Next/Previous buttons.

Yes you can. Set an IA to 'Preset Menu'. On the GT22 this gives you access to select from one of 24 patches at a time. You can page up or down through groups of 24 using the Next/Previous buttons.
Thank you for your interest in my question, but
the functionality of the MFC 101 was to press a button and as long as the pressure was held the preset names scrolled quickly across the pedal board display and as soon as the pressure was released the displayed preset was available.
By maintaining a more or less long pressure, we could (for example) go from number 10 to number 55 very very quickly. I believe fractal calls this a Typematic type pedal action.
(sorry but my English is rubbish and I use the google translator)

Thank you for your interest in my question, but
the functionality of the MFC 101 was to press a button and as long as the pressure was held the preset names scrolled quickly across the pedal board display and as soon as the pressure was released the displayed preset was available.
By maintaining a more or less long pressure, we could (for example) go from number 10 to number 55 very very quickly. I believe fractal calls this a Typematic type pedal action.
(sorry but my English is rubbish and I use the google translator)

Ah I see what you mean. It does sound possible, however you would probably get a good answer in the RJM forum if you asked that there.

I had no idea you were using Google translate, but you are doing that pretty well!

I'm using a very sturdy single cable for data and power. 6-pin XLR at RJM side (only supported by the GT/22), MIDI In and Out and power at Axe-Fx side.
I'm really curious how this work. Do you have any pictures of your cable setup for your RJM? One cable for power and data sounds incredible!

Back
Top Bottom