SHOUT OUT to Mick / XiTone

shredsquatch

Inspired
Man what an awesome product and what AMAZING customer service.

I got to check the cab out and jammed on it along with some others... Couldn't believe how great it sounded. Then I talked to Mick about my experience / thoughts and he knew EXACTLY what I was describing and went above and beyond with recommendations that were right on point! Super knowledgeable guy with extraordinary service!

Oh yeah it's LOUD!!! ha!

Can't wait until I get my new XiTone!

Thanks Mick
~SS

Last edited:
So, I'm looking at upgrading to a new FRFR (stereo) rig. Why should I pick XiTone over brandX (ex. Atomic CLR)? Thanks in advance.

So, I'm looking at upgrading to a new FRFR (stereo) rig. Why should I pick XiTone over brandX (ex. Atomic CLR)? Thanks in advance.
I haven't heard the CLR but out of all the ones I have heard... Freidman, DXR-10, QSC-10, Alto-12's the XiTone is the one I liked the best... plus the one main thing is MIck. I have yet to meet any one that comes close to him with customer service!!!

~SS

Another XiTone fan here. Heard about them on this forum , watched some videos , read reviews , got an instant response from Mick ; regarding a question I had , placed my order , got it fast , and been enjoying it - BIG TIME , ever since. Can't say enough.

I've heard that they like to do free shipping on the second cab of a pair too!

They also like to work with the customer to meet their needs and as much as possible, tweak things to meet the customers desires... such as colored grilles and handles or different grille cloth or adding in a parallel power port for external power if desired.

Then there are the warranties... the speaker is warranted for 7 years, the amp 5 and the enclosure is warranted for as long as they are making cabs, which is hopefully forever.

They really strive to build high quality systems that are designed to withstand nearly any abuse you can throw at it and most importantly, are FRFR and feel like a guitar cab.

The only knock I can come up with is that the owner often responds to forum posts in the third person. :)

Thanks,

Mick

How does that MBritt sound with the III?
You know I haven’t connected them yet! The cab is in my rehearsal space and the III has been under wraps at home. I haven’t gone through the work of re-jigger-ing my MFC to control enough of the III to use it live.

I should....

I do have to share a story about @MicFarlow that I found to be quite inspirational, IMO. I received an MBritt cab which is just stellar in every way possible. However, there was one minor thing that seemed off:

You see that little silver screw? I was thinking, this cab is a piece of precision, how in the world could someone miss that? Was it a grounding screw or something I was missing?

Anyway... this is what Mick responded with (hopefully he won't mind me quoting him):

That silver screw is kinda a trademark with XiTone. If you think about it that screw is doing the same work as every other screw in the cab, it just looks different. So goes life. It serves as a reminder to me to treat everyone as I'd like to be treated. :)

He offered to send me a black screw, but I declined. Everytime I see that silver screw I'm reminded to do the same to others and share that same insight with them. Needless to say, I have another Xitone on order.

Last edited:
Yup, Mick makes some beautiful sounding, beautiful looking and rugged cabs. He's also a great guy with a killer sense of humor. To bad, he struggles with his self identity. :confused:

Mick?

“He taught me how to love a woman — and how to scold a child.”

“He once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road.”

“Did I ever tell you about the time Mick took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. Finally, Mick takes me into a vacant lot and says, ‘Here we are.’ Well, we sat there for a year and a half. Sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. Well, the day they opened it, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. Mick yelled over the roar of the flames, ‘Always leave things the way you found them!'”

I heard Nothing kills Mick. He's immune to 179 different types of poison because He ingested them all at once when he was deep undercover in an underground poison-ingesting crime ring.

I also heard Mick once used defibrillators on himself. There's also a rumor He's jumped from a high-rise building using only a raincoat as a parachute and broke both legs upon landing and He still had to pretend he was in a Cirque du Soleil show!

His one arm has been ripped off completely and he re-attached with his other arm. He can also kill two stones with one bird and he never sleeps he just waits.

I do have to share a story about @MicFarlow that I found to be quite inspirational, IMO. I received an MBritt cab which is just stellar in every way possible. However, there was 1 minor thing that seemed off:

You see that little silver screw? I was thinking, this cab is a piece of precision, how in the world could someone miss that? Was it a grounding screw or something I was missing?

Anyway... this is what Mick responded with (hopefully he won't mind me quoting him):

That silver screw is kinda a trademark with XiTone. If you think about it that screw is doing the same work as every other screw in the cab, it just looks different. So goes life. It serves as a reminder to me to treat everyone as I'd like to be treated. :)

He offered to send me a black screw, but I declined. Everytime I see that that silver screw I'm reminded to do the same to others and share that same insight with them. Needless to say, I have another Xitone on order.

You are not the first person to notice, or to ask, or to get that awesome response from Mic! :)

The first Xitone I bought used from a local forum member about 4 years ago. I assumed the screw had been replaced. The 2nd one I bought new a few months later... Same as the first.

So I emailed Mic and he gave me the same answer, which I really admire.

So I've been researching the FRFR speaker thing for quite a while--starting with what are my requirements (not currently playing in a band). Its come down to Xitone or CLR FRFR for me (if I don't take the PA route for cost/simplicity), There's clearly a lot of support for both options with a fairly significant bias for CLR (based on recent poll).

My primary is in sound quality and dispersion...not loundness. I can afford top quality stuff, so the difference between Xitone and CLR is not an issue...other than I want to make sure I get something of value for it. I also am not interested in going down this rabbit hole again. I want to buy once and be done with it.

So here's some of my thinking..

The frequency response on both are excellent: +/- 2.5 db @ 80-20k Hz for Xitone and +/- 2.5 db70Hz-18kHz for the CLR (the CLR gives frequency plot; the Xitone does not). No difference in my mind, but would like to have the frequency curve on Xitone.

Both have a 12" speaker and 1" driver. Assuming they are both using top of line components. Draw.

The directivity is 90 degrees H x 90 degrees V, average from 650Hz and up for the CLR; I can't find a spec for the Xitone but I understand it it 90 degress in both direction (hopefully Mick can confirm). Draw?

CLR claims it has a special sauce...Coincident Linear Reference, "The term “coincident” denotes a multi-way (two-way in this case) loudspeaker that functions as a single, well-behaved source of sound at all frequencies." Ok, so what does this really mean? Something to do with phasing? Is the spacing of the speaker and driver such that the sound becomes "colinear" or is there something in the electronics? There's other claims CLRs make that I won't repeat here related to electronics. I just wish Xitone would be able to claim something "proprietary" here. BTW, I did a patent search for colinear linear reference and it came up blank.

Customer service clearly goes to Xitone as does durability. Something not to be taken lightly.

So, still working through this, but know that either way, I'll be in good shape.

I'm sure there's some interesting opinions and insight out there...

Cheers,

Nick

Mick, I am still on the fence. Every time I read these kinds of threads I waffle your direction. Your customer service always is rated VERY high, which I greatly appreciate. I love everything about the MBritt except the 46lbs! The CLR we are talkin 33lbs but it is more of a monitor than an amp cab. I have also considered the Matrix FR-12 at 29lbs, and leaning that direction. I believe I do want an active 12" in a cab box rather than a monitor box. It does not need to be LOUD, but it does need to sound awesome at small studio levels and small venues. I do see you offer a 10" open back cab, but it is at 38lbs. You also offer a 12" GRFR at about 30lbs which may be the ticket, but still leaning on a more amp cab look, but I could be nuts. Plus, there is nowhere in my area that I know of to listen before purchase of any of these options. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom