Shout-out to AlGrenadine for FracTool

They sound nearly identical if you install ares 1 on your axefx3... Make your choice ;)

But that gives me an idea... Maybe if i set the internal preset version of the axefx3 preset to 1 it will sound closer if the recent firmware takes that into account, but i doubt about that

So can you gimme an ax8 preset which sounds very different so i can investigate?

I took an AX8 preset (only one amp in this preset) and converted it using FracTool to the AxeIII. I copied Amp Channel A to Channel B so that I could leave Channel A alone as the untouched original converted amp. I then soft-reset Channel B's amp and then matched all of the settings in it to the settings in Channel A. I then copied Channel A to Channel C and changed the speaker impedance curve to a speaker. I copied Channel B to Channel D and put the same Speaker Impedance Curve in it as Channel C. I saved it and have posted the preset. You will see that they sound very different after the amp soft-reset even with all of the exposed parameters set the same. Perhaps it is just the difference in modeling, but I found it odd that once the amp block was reset, it jumped up in volume quite a bit. Anyway, I hope this is helpful to you. I am just curious as to what the differences boil down to. BTW, both the AX8 and AxeIII have the latest official FW's in them.

Attachments

• FacTool Test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
I took an AX8 preset (only one amp in this preset) and converted it using FracTool to the AxeIII. I copied Amp Channel A to Channel B so that I could leave Channel A alone as the untouched original converted amp. I then soft-reset Channel B's amp and then matched all of the settings in it to the settings in Channel A. I then copied Channel A to Channel C and changed the speaker impedance curve to a speaker. I copied Channel B to Channel D and put the same Speaker Impedance Curve in it as Channel C. I saved it and have posted the preset. You will see that they sound very different after the amp soft-reset even with all of the exposed parameters set the same. Perhaps it is just the difference in modeling, but I found it odd that once the amp block was reset, it jumped up in volume quite a bit. Anyway, I hope this is helpful to you. I am just curious as to what the differences boil down to. BTW, both the AX8 and AxeIII have the latest official FW's in them.
Latest official firmwares have months difference of development so as already said, it's expected.
Install AxeFx III's ares 1.00 and you'll have the same sound

Okay. As long as you know about it that is fine. It just amazed me how much difference there was in level between the two. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom