Shout-out to AlGrenadine for FracTool

A simple example:

The Axe-Fx automatically updates speaker impedance settings in "old" presets (depending on a global parameter). This leaves the preset upon loading in an edited state, and you have to save the preset to make the new settings stick.

FracTool's Batch tool can run through all presets on the hardware and just re-save them. The Edited LED will no longer be lit when loading presets.

A simple example:

The Axe-Fx automatically updates speaker impedance settings in "old" presets (depending on a global parameter). This leaves the preset upon loading in an edited state, and you have to save the preset to make the new settings stick.

FracTool's Batch tool can run through all presets on the hardware and just re-save them. The Edited LED will no longer be lit when loading presets.
Yek, agree with you about how useful Al's work is but I wonder if you could help me understand a bit more about what is going on with this need to save the newly loaded factory presets? I'm not worried about preserving old presets and would like the newly installed Factory Presets ( V11 ) to be as up to date as they can be. Sounds like this has something to do with speaker impedance settings. If I wanted them to be the lastest greatest, then it sounds like I should re-save them all to lock in the new settings and this can be done with Fractool depending on a global parameter.

Can you tell me explicitly which global parameter you are referring to and exactly where in Fractool I would get this batch saving to happen. Sorry not to be able to figure this out myself, but I found this whole speaker impedance thing to be a bit confusing and hoping you can help. Thanks ...

Here's a shout-out to @AlGrenadine (the French Alex) for creating and providing FracTool.

It's such a wonderful tool to complement the software from FAS.

I think that many players don't even know the variety of functions that FracTool can perform.
Thanks a lot Alex :)

Thanks all, your kind words are very motivating and touching.

I've just passed the two last days working on fm3 presets conversion and it will probably need few more days (maybe not too much if @FractalAudio gives a little help ;) ).

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is when I migrated my AX8 presets to my AxeIII using FracTool, they sounded VERY different after the transfer. I copied the amp in Channel A to Channel B and then reset Channel A's Amp block by de-selecting and re-selecting the amp, and then comparing and matching all of the user editable parameters between the two channels. They still sounded very different. So the settings that were making them sound so different must be "under the hood" where we can't see them. Makes me wonder what is so different. Even the volume of the soft-reset one was way higher than the original channel that was created by the FracTool conversion.

One thing I have noticed is when I migrated my AX8 presets to my AxeIII using FracTool, they sounded VERY different after the transfer. I copied the amp in Channel A to Channel B and then reset Channel A's Amp block by de-selecting and re-selecting the amp, and then comparing and matching all of the user editable parameters between the two channels. They still sounded very different. So the settings that were making them sound so different must be "under the hood" where we can't see them. Makes me wonder what is so different. Even the volume of the soft-reset one was way higher than the original channel that was created by the FracTool conversion.
They sound nearly identical if you install ares 1 on your axefx3... Make your choice ;)

But that gives me an idea... Maybe if i set the internal preset version of the axefx3 preset to 1 it will sound closer if the recent firmware takes that into account, but i doubt about that

So can you gimme an ax8 preset which sounds very different so i can investigate?

Would not want to do without it. Just such a great tool for us-Hoping those who use it do "donate".............I'm guessing majority do because this is a fine forum..............................

Heu arrêtez il va prendre la grosse tête MDR
stop he'll take the big head
Je plaisante excellent outil et de plus avec un suivi impeccable d'une personne très sympathique et à l'écoute
I joke about excellent tools and moreover with an impeccable follow-up from a very friendly and attentive person

Back
Top Bottom