Should I jump on the Holiday Special?

Tapestry

Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy an Axe-FX II really soon, but I don't know if I should take the $50 off Holiday Special or if I should wait to see if there will be a "Boxing Day Sale" or "New Year's Day Blowout" etc. where the price would go even lower...

I emailed Customer Service but they said it all depends on inventory after Christmas. Have you guys ever seen the direct price go any lower than $50 off? What would you do?

Thanks for any advice :)

i doubt it'd go lower. don't you get a total of 150 off if you order MFC at the same time too?

I jumped on it and got my Axe & MFC in 2 days.
No regrets here, just happiness and great tone!! :p

That's funny your asking a bunch of guys in a Fractal Forum whether you should get the Christmas Offer, the only thing you will ever get is Yes and get it right now. I know people always question, but after you have it you will ask your self, why didn't I get this years ago.

My personal Opinion is this. If you don't get it, you will always wonder what stopped me from buying this thing. I'm not sure if you are one of those guys that are constantly not happy with their sound and if I just buy this one thing my sound will be better. If this is you then this is the box for you, because when you get bored of one sound, you just flip to another preset. It's not unlimited, but it's close.

The question I always ask myself is 'If the total price was $100 less in 6 months, would I wait?'

Only you can answer that, but for me money is less important to me than time with my guitar and amp.

Glad I got my order in a little over a week ago. I think the current deal is the best you'll see. 150 off if you buy both the II AND MFC. Had time to program it all weekend. Very easy to use. Even without axe edit.

Just got my Axe Fx II and MFC-101 this past week. I've got blisters on my fingers. I haven't slept much since I got it and can't stop playing, the tone is so good. Picked up a Furman Pro power conditioner but am just using an APC UPS for it in the house, a Gator 6u rack (should have gotten better and will re-think that), and hey, while I was at it and feeling rather saucy, I got two Mission SP-1 expression pedals and ordered up some new Monster TRS cables for them. Now, if only my Suhr Modern would come in along with my Red Bear picks, I could OD on good vibes and die a happy man. What can I say? The Axe Fx is the highest quality sound I've ever heard from any pre-processor. Such low noise with such incredible gain. I haven't even plugged it in to my Mesa Mark V yet either. I'm afraid the Axe will mate with the Boogie and create some sort of Borg or something. Is that possible?

Just checked and the Axe IIs were back 'in stock'...so I ordered mine...again. Hopefully this second go around will be better for me...I've been studying hard here! :)

It will probably go lower, eventually, but the question then becomes a matter of how long do you want to wait vs price drop? Currently, you're saving just over 5% if you order both. If you wait, it's likely that you'll have to get it at "regular price", or wait until it goes on sale again. If it DOES go on sale again, it's not likely it'll be back to back with the current sale, unless they are simply extending the price for new years, valentine's day, etc... It's unlikely that they'd be on sale, then a second sale comes along for even cheaper. They're not like a store that has to compete for the cheapest price on the same item like stores in a mall. Next year, it might be a 10% discount, which is saving around $300, but who knows? Usually prices don't shift down that steeply until a new SKU is introduced (Axe FX II Ultra or Axe FX III or a bundle).

If you can afford it, you want the item and plan to use it extensively, now would be a good time to buy. If you want to wait for the Axe FX III to be announced, then do that.

Back
Top Bottom