Fabrilax

Hey,

ever since I started out playing guitar I wasn't satisfied with my tone (or any tone I came up with). My first amp was a cheap modeling amp and then I moved on to tube (Peavey 6505) and now I'm playing via Reaper and some free VSTs. But none of these could give me that sort of satisfaction and basis of wanting to play more, because it also sounds great. I'm not a tone chaser by any means, basically I need three tones: Old School Metal, Modern Metal and Cleans.
I was always looking at the Axe Fx stuff, but they are (at least for me) pretty costly. I looked at cheaper and different stuff like the GT-100 or the Line 6 Pod Go, but I could also afford a used Axe Fx2. So I have a bunch of questions, and yeah...I'm pretty much a noob in these regards:

-What can I do with it and what is it exactly? (I know it's a big question)
-What do I need to have, to get it up and running? I have a plenty powerful pc and a shitty Behringer Audio Interface, which would not be needed anymore?
-Should I get studio monitors and how much are they?
-How hard is it to set up? I would consider myself pretty tech-savy
-How user-friendly is it? I'm thrilled by the fact, that I'm able to recreate so many sounds, but at the same time I need something that is easy to navigate and quick to use. Basically I want to dive deeper, but if I don't want to for some time, I can stay at surface level for a while
-Is it still good to use or completely outdated?
-How does it work with software if I buy a used one?

I'm always torn between something physical like a tube amp and sims, so I guess the Axe would be a nice combination of both worlds. Please give me some advice guys, cause I'm trying to end this debate in my mind...

Regards
Fabrilax

I love my axe II, but every one has there own idea of what they like. if you are in central fl I would let you come over and give mine a spin, that would be the best way to know.

Yes!
I recently got one .
I use as my main interface with Pro tools.
Laptop rig
Truly an inspirational, magic box!

Back
Top Bottom