Should I get a Liquid Foot?

I agree - do not combine a tuner and a tap tempo on the same button. Regardless of whether you put one on function 1 and the other on function 2, it is just going to break your heart on stage. Keep those 2 separate. Trust me on this.

I hear you. Good point. Well, you can have 3 presets along the bottom etc. as you like. OR: you could have preset 1 also in preset 3 position etc - copy your presets into all positions needed for the song, so on the verse you're on 1, then chorus, on 2, then verse on 3 (which is a copy of 1), then 2nd chorus 4 (which is a copy of 2), then bridge in preset 5, then chorus on 6 (again, this is a copy of 2) - using this scheme, you still only need increment through your patches to play the song - you still don't need 'random access' - in fact, this is more fool proof - you just click for the next part. And if you goof, click and hold to go back one preset. This is a matter of personal taste - but it's easy to arrange presets into songs this way on the axe - or even on the LF itself, I believe - several ways to skin this cat...

Why is it always best practice to have ready access to tuning while you're onstage? My friend, if you gotta ask... I can't explain it to you. I bend a lot. I go out of tune. I hit the tuner button, my audio is muted and I can see the tuner output right on the LF main screen. when I'm done, I hit it again, audio is unmuted and I'm out of tuning mode. Tuning is a snap and no one is usually even the wiser.
This is a nice layout! However, what if you want to go from preset 3 back to preset 1? That'd be difficult when you have only preset up/down, you'll have to "down" 2 times in a row which will most definitely be something you can hear when playing a song. Unless the switching takes place somewhere in the song when the guitarist is not playing.

Also, why is the tuner access considered to be best practice? I've always wondered that :)

Last edited:
New Wizard Coming

In a response to a question I posted on FAMC forum I got the following response. I'm not completely sure what this "auto-layout wizard" will be able to do or how well it will work, but it sounds promising for those of us struggling to get things working as hoped.

I just asked Jeff about the above and he said its already done. He had written auto-layout wizard that he has been using in his version of the editor for several weeks. He will release it soon. The auto programming wizard uses external devices and that has been around in our editor for years. The Auto-Layout wizard will pre-program the entire board, pages, IA-Slots, and all. I guess you will have what you asked for.

He also said there are over 70 new videos going up soon. He sent me a list (I will copy the first 50 below): You already have the first one on basics of pages (#5). That video was sent to youtube a week or two ago. Here are the video subjects (copied from his email):

1. Basic: Editor - Intro
2. Basic: Editor - Preset Screen
3. Basic: Editor - Programming Commands into a Preset, Song, and/or IA-Slot
4. Basic: Editor - Song Screen
5. Basic: Editor - Pages Screen
6. Basic: Editor - Pages - Button Commands
7. Basic: Editor - IA-Slots Screen
8. Basic: Editor - IA-MAPS Screen
9. Basic: Editor - Global 1 Screen
10. Basic: Editor - Global 2 Screen
11. Basic: Editor - Utilities
12. Basic: Editor - Auto Programming Wizard : AXE-FX
13. Basic: Editor - Auto Programming Wizard : KEMPER
14. Basic: Editor - Auto Layout Wizard

15. Basic: Intro to the hardware
16. Basic: Connecting the device to external equip
17. Basic: Midi Programming
18. Basic: Using Presets
19. Basic: Using Presets - Types and Behavior
20. Basic: Using Pages - Basics
21. Basic: Using Pages - Preset Holders & Banking
22. Basic: Using Pages - Button Behaviors and Triggering
23. Basic: Using IA-Slots - Purpose
24. Basic: Using IA-Slots - Types and Behavior
25. Basic: Using IA-Slots - Grouping
26. Basic: Using IA-Slots - Triggering
27. Basic: Using IA-Slots - Post Triggering
28. Basic: Using IA-Maps
29. Basic: Using IA-Maps - Preset Level
30. Basic: Using IA-Maps - Page Level
31. Basic: Using Songs
32. Basic: Using Set-Lists
33. Basic: Using Sysex Messages
34. Basic: Using Expression Pedals
35. Basic: Using Expression Pedals - with MIDI
36. Basic: Using Expression Pedals - as buttons
37. Basic: Using Expression Pedals - as triggers
38. Basic: Layout your controller
39. Basic: What does this Global Setting do?

40. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Midi Commands
41. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Triggering Sysex Commands
42. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Steps
43. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - IA Slot Triggering
44. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Conditional Command Branching
45. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Expression Pedal Overrides
46. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Expression Pedal Slot 2 Commands
47. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Go To commands (preset, Page, etc...)
48. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Tap Tempo
49. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - Guitar Tuner
50. INTERMEDIATE: Programming - controlling color

and there are more... then the advanced series of videos for a more in-depth look at things...

Back
Top Bottom