shotgunn bought iPad... Need advice...

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
Okay. I'm a pretty technical kind of guy. I would like to ask for some advice as to what I can use it for in a musical sense.

I bought it mainly for use with a Presonus Studio Live mixing board at my church and my friends band.

Any super cool must have apps?

Animoog. Get it. Nao.

The Garageband app is very cool as well, not just for recording, but using it as a virtual keyboard, drum machine, etc.

Audio tool is kind of cool too...decibel meter, metronome, mic, noise generator, and a few other things as well...

I loves my iPad...

I rarely ever my the latest greatest when it is new. The Axe II was the first time I have done that. I don't need an iPad 3.

Great purchase...you're going to have a lot of fun. It's amazing how much you can do with this incredible device. Ampkit, MusicStudio, SampleWiz and GeoSynthesizer are a lot of fun but there are a lot more to choose from. The iPad also makes a great midi controller. Enjoy

I rarely ever my the latest greatest when it is new. The Axe II was the first time I have done that. I don't need an iPad 3.

I was just being facetious. Actually you should almost never wait for the newest thing to come out or you will waiting without forever.

Stuff I use on iPad, in no particular order: StroboSoft (tuner), Amplitube, GarageBand, AniMoog, AB Loop HD, Set List Maker

Great. Thanx guys!!! I Just spent like almost $100 on apps. Why did you guys have to go and be so helpful?!?!? jk.

yep, sounds familiar... I know I've spent more at the app store than I did for the iPad.
Just ask yourself "is there an app for that?" It's amazing what is out there.
I also use GarageBand, Amplitube, Mobile In, Multitrack DAW, Cubase remote, FiRe (recorder), Guitar Tabs, Guitar (generic name, cool app) just to name a few.
Then there are the synths, lyric apps, etc. Cool stuff

Great. Thanx guys!!! I Just spent like almost $100 on apps. Why did you guys have to go and be so helpful?!?!? jk.

So here are my favourit apps:
- tabtoolkit
- guitartoolkit
- jamup pro
- ampkit+
- amplitube
- Ac-7 Core
- shazam

Cheers
PhillAnselmo

Does anyone here know of an iPad dock connecting mic? I just bought the Blue Mikey thinking it would work with the iPad. My iPad says "This accessory is not support by iPad". Bummer... I can still use it with my gen 3 iPod though.

MorphWhiz is pretty much a no-brainer.

Probably my most used app is The Amazing Slow Downer. It's great for slowing down tracks, looping them, adjusting pitch. I highly suggesting owning that one.

Rebirth is very nice, too. So is NanoStudio.

A few of my favs on the iPhone are;

NanoStudio = excellent for coming up with beats and keyboard line. You can export each track as a wav file and import into your DAW. Run a PC or Mac version of it for free - try before you buy: NanoStudio - music recording studio for iOS, OS X and Windows | Download
TC PolyTune. Well you know what this is.
AutoArp = Sort of like a Omni Chord. Great for song writting.
Animoog = An V anolog synth from Moog

All these work for the iPad too.

This looks really interesting: WaveMachineLabs.com 48 track playback up to 24 track sim record via 3rd party USB Mac/PC interfaces. iOS VST plugins.

Cheers

Does anyone here know of an iPad dock connecting mic? I just bought the Blue Mikey thinking it would work with the iPad. My iPad says "This accessory is not support by iPad". Bummer... I can still use it with my gen 3 iPod though.

I believe i saw some mics for ipad in NAMM highlights, not sure are they shipping already

NAMM Show 2012 | MusicRadar.com

edit:
wow, looking again i see tons of cool stuff for ipad there

Last edited:
Here is a list of what is on mine:

Jammit (haven't really tried it yet)

Virtuoso (probably will delete...don't think it is useful in learning real piano)

Korg iMS-20 - software recreation of the analog synth - seriously cool app

Ampkit - free version - really haven't used it much but heard that full version is better than AmpliTube

AmpliTube - amp modeler on your iPad; you'll need an iRig or Peavey's (ostensibly better) solution; DO NOT EXPECT AN AXE ;-)

Xenon Groove Synthesizer - cool little multi instrument studio. My only gripe is that the sequencer does not seem to be set up to handle weird time signatures, of which I am fond

TabToolKit or Guitar Pro - I have both; haven't really settled on a favorite

Korg iELECTRIBE - software version of the ELECTRIBE sound box

iREALb - the REAL Book. The problem is that you don't get the head melody; just the chord sequences. And, I think buyers after a certain version didn't even get much of the chord changes, because of legal action. :-(

Guitarist Ref HD - get your chord and scale dictionary, reversed chord finder, note finder, etc. This one works quite nicely. My gripe is that the author of this app has the perfect platform to do a "Guy's Grids" sort of thing to show the evolution of chords, but hasn't done it.

LickoftheDay - looks cool, but wants you to buy stuff pretty quickly. From Guitar World.

AniMoog - recommended earlier by another poster; we have used it in recording projects

TheMusicPath - lessons for various instruments. Some are free; some you have to buy. Production looks good, but I have not yet worked through any of these.

Moog Filtratron - VCO and VCF with a variety of options for sound generation - very cool

iRealb is probably my favorite on ipad, i use it all the time. You can download tons of tunes from their forum . I also usually transcribe and write harmonies straight to this app. Makes it very handy if say a vocalist wants to play in other key because you can transpose the charts.

Also iGigBook is cool for sheet music since it has an index of most realbooks. You can type the name of the tune and there you have it opened. But you have to import your own PDF realbooks.

Plus theres tons of games for time killing :D

Back
Top Bottom