Implemented Shortcut to bypass all effects.

I love my Axe III so far, but find myself using presets as a starting point.

I wish there was a really quick way to bypass everything except the amps and cab, so I can quickly edit the amp sounds without first turning the reverb and other effects off.

I wish there was a really quick way to bypass everything except the amps and cab, so I can quickly edit the amp sounds without first turning the reverb and other effects off.
Sounds like you haven’t yet tried the Naked Amp Pack for the III by www.austinbuddy.com...for the most part every amp in the box paired with its optimal cab.and minimal FX .I know this doesn’t directly address your wish, but it will enhance your ability to achieve the same result or better. ;)

create a Scene exactly like that.

there are no 'effects'. there are Blocks. the axe can't tell what are "effects" to you until you tell it, and creating that Scene does exactly that.

Axe-Edit lets you bypass all blocks with s single command (in the Scenes menu). You then have to engage the Amp and Cab blocks manually.

I like this idea, but it seems best demonstrated with scenes, as others have said.

I usually make Scene 1 the most basic, dry sound. Then Scene 2 may add some chorus or delay, etc., up to as crazy as I need to get with Scene 8 (usually don't need that many scenes). Of course, if you add blocks in later scenes, you always have to return to earlier scenes to turn the effects off that you don't want.

It's a lot quicker and more intuitive than it sounds. In any case, I get your point. But then where would things like EQs and compressors and mixers stand? Once you consider the time it would take to configure what counts as an effect, you might as well have just used scenes, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom