Short Rock Idea

Brownmatthall

Power User
Been in a rut as of late and this is the first real song idea thats come to me in a couple weeks so of course Im excited to show it off! Tried to give the mix a roomier vibe, wanted the drums to sound a little larger than I would normally like, not quite where I'd have wanted them but its pretty good for a first try at it I think.

Really dig this dude! Can't wait to get some FAS gear to write some stuff like this! Going to have to spend a lot of time getting these type of tones, but they are awesome!

Really dig this dude! Can't wait to get some FAS gear to write some stuff like this! Going to have to spend a lot of time getting these type of tones, but they are awesome!
I think you'll find the amount of time it'll actually take to be much less than youre expecting at this stage in the axe, its so easy nowadays :)

That a very cool mid gain tone. I really like the overdrive warmth it has to it. What amps and cabs are you using?

That a very cool mid gain tone. I really like the overdrive warmth it has to it. What amps and cabs are you using?
The 65 bassman with an 808 screamer up front, into the corresponding 4x10 stock bassman cab. I think I was just going through some stuff id never used and ended up really liking this combo, I'm pretty sure I have some ambient verb with the mix up to 40 in this as well otherwise it's pretty bare bones :)

The 65 bassman with an 808 screamer up front, into the corresponding 4x10 stock bassman cab. I think I was just going through some stuff id never used and ended up really liking this combo, I'm pretty sure I have some ambient verb with the mix up to 40 in this as well otherwise it's pretty bare bones :)
Oh wow bassman. I'll give it a try

just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing your preset? i have a song that I think this preset would be perfect for, and would love to try it out.

One of these days I'll be able to upload a patch without opening up axechange...today is not that day. http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4463
@Pwrmac7600 fairly simple, i left the reverb off because not everyone uses headphones but everything here approximates the settings i used and it sounded pretty close to me. I left the EQ pretty neutral as well so just adjust for your guitar and you should be golden :)
Very cool of you to do! Definetly going to give it a go tomorrow! Thanks!

One of these days I'll be able to upload a patch without opening up axechange...today is not that day. http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4463
@Pwrmac7600 fairly simple, i left the reverb off because not everyone uses headphones but everything here approximates the settings i used and it sounded pretty close to me. I left the EQ pretty neutral as well so just adjust for your guitar and you should be golden :)
I gotta tell you man, I never thought I would like a bassman preset, but this preset kills!
I just love the chewy OD that it has. Thanks again for recreating it!

I'm also getting a high school power rock vibe from this song. If they made a proper high school movie like they used to like American Pie this could be the intro song. :) Good job buddy! I like the riff a lot.

So many kind words haha thank you all!
I'm also getting a high school power rock vibe from this song. If they made a proper high school movie like they used to like American Pie this could be the intro song. :) Good job buddy! I like the riff a lot.
Only if i get to play it in a living room, and the payment is a 6 pack ;)

Back
Top Bottom