Short Clip of Plexi 1 v11 Firmware

xpenno

Power User
Ok so I'm off work this week and just uploaded v11 into my Ultra. I have to say that my first impression is one of awe! Anyway, here is a clip of Plexi 1 crank'd into stock cabs some delay/verb and a PEQ blocking at 70hz and 12khz. It feels and sounds more 'real' to me ;)

Anyway off to play some more :)

Spence

v1 is as recorded
v2 is after a little playing, has a cut in the PEQ around 450hz to clean up the mids

Attachments

• Plexi1v11.syx
    2 KB · Views: 115
  • Plexi1v11v2.syx
    2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
That sounds great, right off the top it seems somehow "clearer" ..., does it sound that way too you as well ?

I can't crank until tonight ( wife and daughter are still sleeping and I've got to leave for work ), but the feel does seem different somehow too !

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Guitar is a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 1959 re-issue, pickups were swapped out for some S&D Alnico Pro II's.

xpenno,

I have loved all of your demos over the years. And, this is certainly no exception. It sounds great. Your taste in tone seems very similar to mine. And, thank you for sharing patches, as well! Great stuff.

xpenno,

I have loved all of your demos over the years. And, this is certainly no exception. It sounds great. Your taste in tone seems very similar to mine. And, thank you for sharing patches, as well! Great stuff.

Thanks, glad to hear it!

Spence,
have you done much tweaking to your sounds after 11.0 ??

I've not had chance yet, however, I've got a rehearsal tomorrow night and I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear and sort some tones :) I'll probably create some simple tones, either tonight or tomorrow, based around the following.

Fender Clean
Shiva Clean
AC30TB
1987x
Plexi
JCM800
Marsha
Recto
Das Metal
Uber

Spence

Freekin´ cool, Spence. I share the same tastes, as well! What are you using for amplification these days? FRFR or power amp/cab?

Hey thanks guys.

Iggypop, I've been FRFR since day 1, at the moment for live I'm using either my FBT Verve 12ma or my LD Systems unit (foget the model number). In the studio I'm running a pair of Adam A7x's.

Hey thanks guys.

Iggypop, I've been FRFR since day 1, at the moment for live I'm using either my FBT Verve 12ma or my LD Systems unit (foget the model number). In the studio I'm running a pair of Adam A7x's.

Nice, I remember you once posted about trying the RCF310a in your local shop, did you use it, or went with the Verve at the time? I ask this because I really hate my RCF. Too scooped...

Back
Top Bottom