Shooting IRs of Kemper Speaker Imprints?

Lilarcor

Inspired
Has anyone who also owns a Kemper Profiler tried to shoot IRs of their new "Speaker Imprints"? Reading the manual it should be possible to isolate the frequency response of those "Imprints" by using a completely clean preset (aka no profile), then going through the line output (which should go into the power amp) into a capturing device like the Axe FX.

Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that Kemper claims that their "Speaker Imprints" won't work with anything other than their Kemper Kone speakers. And that they are not IRs nor can be used as IRs and so on and so forth. I would still like to see the impact of such an IRs being used with an FRFR speaker and a non-Kemper device. Worst thing that can happen is that it sounds like poop.

Has anyone who also owns a Kemper Profiler tried to shoot IRs of their new "Speaker Imprints"? Reading the manual it should be possible to isolate the frequency response of those "Imprints" by using a completely clean preset (aka no profile), then going through the line output (which should go into the power amp) into a capturing device like the Axe FX.

Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that Kemper claims that their "Speaker Imprints" won't work with anything other than their Kemper Kone speakers. And that they are not IRs nor can be used as IRs and so on and so forth. I would still like to see the impact of such an IRs being used with an FRFR speaker and a non-Kemper device. Worst thing that can happen is that it sounds like poop.
I must admit, when I had the Kemper, I had the same idea. Unfortunately, I sold my camper before I got a chance to do this. I have however found some files online of someone that has done this. I’ve downloaded them myself about five minutes ago and haven’t tried them out yet. I have enclosed the link (I hope that’s okay)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4599miwfinpq1rk/AAAhZznSvch8k70gx5iL2Unza?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom