shoegaze dreampop ethereal postrock tones

i've recorded a song of mine using axe 3 presets. in the middle of the song a use a shoegaze preset (i changed somethins, adding a drive i think). i'm not a musician, sorry. anyway that preset is great. when i use that fractal presets i really like the sound, however when i record something i'm not satisfied, i listen to a muddy sound. any suggestion?

can you load a preset?
Here's the block. Adjust the Envelope Threshold to decide when it cuts out and adjust the Detune 1 Minimum ct value down or up for more or less detune. You could also add some Max value to simulate pulling up on the bar.

Cool song. Sometimes when I make things too messy/muddy with reverb and delays and such I like to add in a track of less effected guitar low in the mix - sometimes even super clean. Of course you can always lower the mix values of those blocks, but that might take away from the shoegazeness :yum:

Attachments

• Shoegaze envelope detuner_20210102_184220.blk
    1.5 KB · Views: 77
i've recorded a song of mine using axe 3 presets. in the middle of the song a use a shoegaze preset (i changed somethins, adding a drive i think). i'm not a musician, sorry. anyway that preset is great. when i use that fractal presets i really like the sound, however when i record something i'm not satisfied, i listen to a muddy sound. any suggestion?

One thing to consider: Are you recording with headphones or through some monitors? If you're not using headphones you might be hearing the acoustic sound of your guitar which is always really bright, clear, and immediate. When you listen back to what you've recorded, you'll be missing the acoustic strumming of your guitar and it'll seem darker. Isolate your guitar tone by using headphones or turning your monitors up loud enough to drown out the acoustic sound of your guitar.

yes i should record with headphones it's better. thanks for advises, i know simon presets, my favorite is solar eclipse.

can i install all his blocks in axe editor folder without probs?

Last edited:
wonderful stuff. i listen to some noises from his synth presets, from my left mtm ik monitor, maybe it's for those incredible frequencies. hope it's not breaking my monitor...

Here's the block. Adjust the Envelope Threshold to decide when it cuts out and adjust the Detune 1 Minimum ct value down or up for more or less detune. You could also add some Max value to simulate pulling up on the bar.

Cool song. Sometimes when I make things too messy/muddy with reverb and delays and such I like to add in a track of less effected guitar low in the mix - sometimes even super clean. Of course you can always lower the mix values of those blocks, but that might take away from the shoegazeness :yum:
That pitch block works very well, thank you.
In ambient presets I always insert a separate path for the dry signal and control the mix between the 2 paths with a pedal. By this I can change the effect level while I'm playing.

i've tried to record not using axe fx 3 as audio device but recording with 2 microphones in front of my mtm ik monitors: i'm surprised, i really like the sound!

Nice!

What preset did you use on "One more time" at the 2:00 mark?

I'm working on an all-in-one Shoegaze preset that uses a lot of expression pedals and momentary switches. I'll post it when I am done...
thanks!
if i remember well i used some roland jazz chorus preset in that moment (roland jazz scenes or roland jazz chorus v5). look forward to listening to your preset!

uploaded a new track. i used a roland gr55 to play a flute at the beginning and a the fractal preset soldano slo-100 (and solar eclipse) for the electric guitar parts

For ambient factory presets try these:

• echoes from god
  • m@osphers
  • forlorn
  • meditation workshop
  • ekkopleks juniors
  • echo deva iii

Back
Top Bottom