Shirley turned 18 - fw18 preview

Do you find the Lynchbacks best in the Mesa cab or is there one you like better?
sorry, would have to get back to you on that one. by the time I recorded that clip, all other new Ownhammer cabs that are now available were still in development. the only ones I had for testing here were most of the Mesa ones. gotta get me the other ones to compare. might well be that I like them even more ;)

Shirley definitely turned "18" here ;) I played with her two month ago (the last time I had her "in"), she's got the rhythm......(and I got the blues ;) )

"Buxom Shirley".....

Seems all these Fw18 rumors were true.....nice! ;)

Uncontrollable head shaking due to massive disbelief. No superlative is unjustified. And yet none are sufficient. Great playing too.

Excellent clip!
Now the Shirley's 18, it'll probably want to stay up too late and go out with other amps ;)
It just really struck me the other day...was cleaning the Axe...noticed it actually says 'G2 modelling technology' on the front...
Now it's G3 soon, yes!!!!

Just the other day, I heard a guitar sound in a song I really really liked.
You just nailed that.
Absolutely brilliant!!!

@Vegasbaby
I love that tone as well. I would really love to hear this again but dialed in with a little less gain - like 20% less (clean on the light dynamics) and see how you can dynamically go from true clean to grit solely by using picking variations. It sound like this dirty gal will go there just right.

Just the other day, I heard a guitar sound in a song I really really liked.
You just nailed that.
Absolutely brilliant!!!
thanks so much for the kind words. really means a lot !

do you remember what song that was ? the DS always reminds me a bit of a more modern, slightly modded version of the old Park amps...

No, sadly I don't. I think it was at the end of a movie but I can't remember which :-|
I just remember that sound.
Full, sparkling, round, bells and whistles...with cream on top.
It could be your playing of course...:encouragement:
Some people can make anything sound good.;)
I hope it's a bit of both because I'm really looking forward to this fw-release.
I've always been struggling with the strats and/or the combination of split humbuckers with the middle pickup.
I find only a few models work wel but none have that roundness and fullness in your tone.

Hey Guys !

over the past couple of days I received some requests regarding the settings I used for the DS model. there were no advanced parameters used whatsoever. on purpose I only used the ones that can also be found on the real amp. FW 18 really eliminates most of the needs to tweak advanced to get the sound of the real amp. on the other hand, I find the advanced parameters are now more effective than ever when it comes to further modding a model and turning it into something non-existent (but that's a whole other topic ;) ).

and regarding the settings... here are some quick screenshots I took that should get you in the same ballpark...

Back
Top Bottom