Shirley turned 18 - fw18 preview

hello beautiful people !

here's a little clip I taped today during some v18 beta testing with the Dirty Shirley model.
seems like Shirley didn't just turn 18, but also into a raging beast. incredibly dynamic, chime on soft notes and enough crack when hitting it hard to take the walls down...

enjoy !

Nice!!! :D:encouragement:

Man, that sounded great! It is like Cliff and Co. captured the tube rattle, chassis rumbling, and knocks and pings that go on inside of a tube amp. Hard to describe what I'm hearing but literally sounds like someone is playing right next to you. Sounds looser and more natural and you can hear more of what is going on. I think the one thing people have complained about with in the digital world is "feel". Definitely capturing more of that!

Man, that sounded great! It is like Cliff and Co. captured the tube rattle, chassis rumbling, and knocks and pings that go on inside of a tube amp. Hard to describe what I'm hearing but literally sounds like someone is playing right next to you. Sounds looser and more natural and you can hear more of what is going on. I think the one thing people have complained about with in the digital world is "feel". Definitely capturing more of that!
absolutely ! "you can hear more of what's going on" is actually a good way to describe it. if you listen through headphones you can hear all those fine details like how the distortion character changes and evolves with dynamics. although the tone is far from being clean or smooth, it still retains note clarity on chords. very happy with the direction G3 is taking...

i may buy more OH it seems.... And G3... "slurp"....

KILLER SOUND!!
don't wanna go all sales pitch here and certainly don't have any financial gain from promoting any third party IRs, but IMHO the latest V3 offerings by Ownhammer just work. for some reason they still seem to fly a bit under the radar and people should really give them a shot. I'm as picky when it comes to IRs as the next guy and I don't have hours to find one that works for my taste and needs but these V3s just sound killer right out of the box and do exactly what I need them to do...

Yeah and those Lynchback speakers are awesome! Had them in a 2x12 and they were stuning! A cross between an old greeeback and modern v30. It's gonna sound sunset strip all nignt long with the HBE!!

Yeah and those Lynchback speakers are awesome! Had them in a 2x12 and they were stuning! A cross between an old greeeback and modern v30. It's gonna sound sunset strip all nignt long with the HBE!!
currently one of my favourite speakers. exactly like you describe them. best of both worlds without the negative sides each of them has. apparently Lynch wanted them to sound like Greenbacks mixed with Fane speakers as this is what he used to have in his cabs. they certainly have a nice clarity to them.

Holy smokes! Doing that with an 18 can get you 10 to 20 in some states.

Ridiculously good playing too.

You know, I listened to this the other day when you posted it but I was listening through the crappy iPhone speakers, and it still sounded good.

But I just listened to this through Bluetooth in my car......and it just absolutely crushed!!

I can't wait to grab the Lynchback IR later today. Oh, and eventually that whole FW18 might be pretty cool when it drops too :)

I can't wait to grab the Lynchback IR later today. Oh, and eventually that whole FW18 might be pretty cool when it drops too :)
it's a powerful combination ;). really like some of the "less mainstream" speakers as well. the Creambacks are great, the V-Type (which I believe no one else has made IRs of yet) and the EDVH. great times we live in where you can get a speaker including recording chain for 5 bucks :)

Back
Top Bottom