Shipping info

prsaxeman

When the units actually start to move, is there any chance that FAS can e mail everyone on the wait list with a generic notice, or even post on here the predicted ship dates, i.e, something like "those that went on the wait list in Oct 14 can expect to receive the unit in x weeks time; those that went on the wait list in Nov 14 can expect....." etc, etc.

Just a suggestion.

...and how would they do this? I am sure they have more people on the wait list, than the first run of FX8's. How do they send out dates to the next round if they dont have the units built? What if 10 of the first round people dont decide to buy the FX8? Unless they have a crystal globe, there is no way to do this accurately.

Seems like everyone is getting a little testy with the long wait time. What company has given an exact ship date for a new product months in advance? You just have to sit and wait for it...

Chris
They know how many people are on the wait list and they know how many models they have. Obviously there are other factors like a certain number of units may be destined for indirect purchase, but I've seen this done in the past (with the Marshall fridge of all things!!) where people are at least given a ball park figure as to where they are in line and when to expect delivery.
FAS stated that "We have had a quality issue with the aluminum bezel where the silkscreen is not up to our quality standards" which says to me that the units are otherwise good to go.
If people on the wait list have since made a substitute purchase, then that makes it better for the rest of us; there will, after all, always be variables in the equation. But however patient you are, you have to admit that it is a little frustrating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom