Shipping Guitars Internationally ? Customs $$

gigawatt

Experienced
Anyone know anything about inexpensive international shipping that doesn't take 6-8 weeks? From Guatemala and the U.K. There are a couple of guitars I am interested in but at least one of them the shipping is outrageous. The guitar from Guatemala is $1500 and shipping via FedEx or DHL is $500! I've been told never to use FedEx, DHL, or UPS for international shipping because they are notably higher than USPS Global, but I Don't know if they ship from there. Anyone know if EMS ships out of Guatemala? The other guitar is $2100 and $180 to ship from the U.K. I probably can't do much better than that but I'm worried about Customs/Duty charges. Anyone have experience with that and what they usually charge?

BTW, these are Randy Rhoads style guitars and the case is really big. :eek:

Thanks much for any help. :)

The duty is about 10% and is generally handled by the broker/shipper. This should be reflected in the shipping total cost and you generally pay any duty due when it is delivered. USPS global is usually the cheapest option if available. I recently ordered a guitar from Poland and it came USPS and I didn’t have to pay anything extra when it was delivered. Some ship duty free which I believe means they take care of it.

Thanks @MSS :), I'll check with the sellers and see if USPS Global is available to them. How much was the shipping from Poland? if you don't mind me asking.

The invoice says $268 but I actually bought it off Reverb and the shipping was “free” or built into the price.

The invoice says $268 but I actually bought it off Reverb and the shipping was “free” or built into the price.

Ha, the one I'm looking at in the U.K. said free too, but there was a disclaimer :mad:. Thanks for the info MSS, he wants $199 so I guess that's not too bad, although at first he said $180 o_O.

One of the most powerful words in advertising FREE!

Lol, you can say that again. One of the first things I look at in a listing, is there "free shipping?"

Back
Top Bottom