SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMONDS - ART71 CabIR

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi all,
Here is a little intro of this great track with just a simple default settings preset.
Cab used is the new ART71 from CabIR.eu ;);););)
Great Cab with tons of character and very balanced !!!!!!!

Preset settings: o_O

Comp : Pedal 1
Amp : Plexi 50w Nrml
Cab : ART71 Mix 3
Reverb : Rich Hall, High Quality

Adjust to taste and there you go :):):):)

NO need to skip the first 2 minutes...I have done that already for you guys :D:D:D

very interesting - with which guitar was this original played and which did you use?

I´ve never used the plexi normal - but it helps to get a warm sound.

very interesting - with which guitar was this original played and which did you use?

I´ve never used the plexi normal - but it helps to get a warm sound.

Plexi amps are awesome Hubi !!!
I think original was some kind of Fender Strat (single coils Neck pickup ) used with I guess his Hiwatt amps ??
I just used my own 8 string Baritone Basta Guitar with BK Warpigs ( humbuckers )...o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I know, 2 completely different gear used here......:D:D:D

What the ... ?! Anand, you know, that Gilmour and specially THIS song is one of my totally all time favs?! something like my personal "holy grail" of electric guitar! And you? You don`t take bill on the right instrument (strat), nor the "correct" amp (i think, he uses in the studio much more, than only Hi-Watts, he probobly seems to favour, because of loud clean headroom in the early days...), and do it just PRETTY WELL! Beatufil bendings, vibrato and i`ve had never thought, it would be possible to come that good into the ballpark soundwise! With a 8-String Basta! Incredible ;)

Never thought, that the ART71 Cab-Pack will have take so much notice, because ...this Marshall "Artiste" cabinet seems to be one of those rarely diamonds, less people might ever heard of them ... till now, haha ...

Sounds amazing!!!!
:)

Last edited:
What the ... ?! Anand, you know, that Gilmour and specially THIS song is one of my totally all time favs?! something like my personal "holy grail" of electric guitar! And you? You don`t take bill on the right instrument (strat), nor the "correct" amp (i think, he uses in the studio much more, than only Hi-Watts, he probobly seems to favour, because of loud clean headroom in the early days...), and do it just PRETTY WELL! Beatufil bendings, vibrato and i`ve had never thought, it would be possible to come that good into the ballpark soundwise! With a 8-String Basta! Incredible ;)

Never thought, that the ART71 Cab-Pack will have take so much notice, because ...this Marshall "Artiste" cabinet seems to be one of those rarely diamonds, less people might ever heard of them ... till now, haha ...

Sounds amazing!!!!
:)

Thanks Markus :)
You are totally right about this track ...I love it too and maybe one day I will do a full version with a Strat o_O
One can come easily much more closer to HIS sound with a little experimenting .
Personally I think my sound is still a bit bright compared to the original and even the playing one could nail better IF wanted / needed.

To me it is all about showing how easy one can get to GREAT sounds with the Axe once you have found the right IR.....suddenly Amps come to life which we would have never used :)

So, this sound I dialled within 5 min and just to show that this all is possible without any tweaking :D:D:D:D

Thanks to FAS & CabIR.....will come back soon with the other 2 Cabs :cool:

.I love it too and maybe one day I will do a full version with a Strat o_O
This would be totally awesome!!!!!!! DO IT! PLEASE :)

Thanks to FAS & CabIR.....will come back soon with the other 2 Cabs :cool:
YAPPA DAPPA DUUU ....
fred_feuerstein.jpg

Thanks guys......BUT to be honest , after listening again to the recording......My playing is not that nice....some bendings are not that nicely played :(
Could do much more better with a real Strat :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks guys......BUT to be honest , after listening again to the recording......My playing is not that nice....some bendings are not that nicely played :(

Don`t underrte yourself! :) Better is always possible, but your playing IS very nice! Period. :D

Man, great work putting it together, the sound is reeeally close. Great playing as well, my only criticism would be that you were a tad flat on a couple of the bendings but no biggie. \m/

Man, great work putting it together, the sound is reeeally close. Great playing as well, my only criticism would be that you were a tad flat on a couple of the bendings but no biggie. \m/

exactly : i mentioned it 3 posts before about those bendings......:(:(:(

better next time :D:D:D

Last edited:
Gilmour and a great guitar player, even without going at supersonic speed ;)
would be very nice to do it with a Stratocaster 57 USA, :rolleyes:
So you can help many passionate users.
If you want to share files

Thanks Anand Mahangoe, to make us feel these historical songs :)

Gilmour and a great guitar player, even without going at supersonic speed ;)
would be very nice to do it with a Stratocaster 57 USA, :rolleyes:
So you can help many passionate users.
If you want to share files

Thanks Anand Mahangoe, to make us feel these historical songs :)

I will gladly share the preset once I have made a better recording and longer version of this song .
As mentioned in my first post , I used 4-5 bucks and all of them mostly default settings unless mentioned differently. Preset I did not save because being default settings, I could recreate it easily again.

Give me some time and I will work out a much more better and detailed preset / screenshots.
Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom